Chapter 7

Yep, it was definitely best for her to go back with him.
She could tell him everything about the guy. Maybe what he looked like, or even how tall he is! Oh how bright he was for thinking of this amazing plan.
'Boomer I really don't think this is necessary.' She mumbled as he dragged her by her wrist.
She tried to twist herself out of it but it just ended up hurting even more. She couldn't say anything. And if she did...
That would be the end of her then, and she wasn't willing to give in so easily. Bubbles Utonium may look a bit fragile on the outside but she isn't on the inside.
Boomer couldn't bare to see her like this, a girl he used to love being treated like dirt. He had to do something for her, and his swelling of pride encouraged him even more. Feelings for her? Puh- lease, she's a married girl, and gorgeous as hell, and he's not one to interfere with a married man.

3 hours, it took for Bubbles to murmur 1 sentence about the 'attack', which never happened of course, a figment of Bubbles' 'brilliant' imagination, which masked the dark reason behind her scars and bruises.
'Miss, can we examine your injuries.' A medical professional asked her. Bubbles nodded.
As Boomer waited outside for Bubbles' results, he talked to Maeve. Bubbles was in the waiting room, anxious and nervous to leave before she got in serious 'trouble' again.
'I'm so smart aren't I?' Boomer asked Maeve, boasting.
'Yeah, sure whatever.' Maeve said, distracted by the matter on hand and thanking the assistant for the medical results.
They were most definitely unusual alright.
'Oh okay then.' Boomer responded, 'I'm only trying to help you know.'
'No it's not that. This girl of your's. I don't think it was just an attack. Look at her, and these results. Don't they give you a clue on what's going on?' Maeve looked questionably at Boomer.
'Odd? It just shows her post-trauma after the attack-'
'It wasn't an attack, these bruises she has are from ages ago.'
'I'm certain it's an attack, Bubbles lives very well off you see and I-'
'Boomer listen. It doesn't matter if she's well off or living in shit but wherever she is staying at this moment is not safe for her. Some bruises are fresh and scars are old, and they're all over her. Wake up from your dream and get to work. I think you might have found your rapist and maybe even abuser, and he's been right under your nose this whole time.' Maeve said to Boomer sternly as she folded the report up and put it in Boomer's hand.
Bubbles.
Shit.
What had he done?
Should he make her 'fess up to this?
Isn't that a bit mean?
No, justice always before emotion.
He'll fix it, for her.
Boomer walked into the waiting room, and saw an girl sitting on the edge of her seat, desperately trying to leave. He saw it in her now, in every wince and flinch, every small detail of action, he saw right through.
Why was he so blind!
Why did he prioritise his pride over the real feeling of the one true love of his life?
But damn was she still so beautiful as she was before though.
'Bubbles, the report, it-'
'I don't want to hear it. Keep it and do whatever, I won't confirm any assumptions, because they are probably untrue.' Bubbles was collecting her things to leave, as if she actually knew the way back home herself.
'No, I'm just saying. It's fine, but here,' Boomer handed her a phone, a police phone that is. 'No one can track this phone, and use it to call the PD, I'm on speed dial.'
Bubbles took it from Boomer gently, holding it in her frail and pale hands. 'Speed dial? What's that?'
'It's basically when...... and then you can call me.'
'Oh that's so cool. I guess. I still don't understand, the report is alright? Really? And the phone, why do I need it?' Bubbles blinked blankly at Boomer's gratitude, and purses her lips.
'For emergencies. Now rush back home. Don't make your husband worried.' Boomer said. Patting her gently on the shoulder.
'Umm, ok?' She said, turning to leave, she clutched onto the phone with a hard grip and smiled hesitantly before actually leaving.

Little she know, other than being a phone, it was also a tracking device to hunt down this disgusting monster who was doing all these things to her.