First day

My palms are a bit sweaty. I can hear my heart beating in my ears. I hold on tightly, pulling together the shoulder straps of my backpack against my chest.

" I'm okay", I breathe.

"I'm okay, nothing is going to happen to me"

I start walking faster realizing that I might miss the bus.

It was first day of school after a long summer and was nervous of how this year would go.

It was going to be my senior year so I wanted to make the best out of it.

I grabbed my earphones from my back pocket  and started listening to music knowing that the bus would come any minute now.

I closed my eyes hoping to release some nervousness and began nodding my head to the beat.

With this I could feel the wind even more. The absence of sight and sound created senses even far more beautiful and memorable .

I loved having the ability to not go into reality and sink in-

I jumped frightened. I felt a hand tap my shoulders making my eyes flutter open faster than I could ever imagine.

I turned around only to find myself in front of a tall guy.

I didn't seem to recognize him nor did he look like he lived nearby

I didn't seem to recognize him nor did he look like he lived nearby. I took of my earphones to try and bring my self back to reality.

  "Sorry" he said shyly and bent down to pick up my hairpin I hadn't noticed had fallen.

He reached to hand it to me, and I grabbed it hesitantly.

" I was wondering if this was the stop to Danesil high school?", he asked.

I nodded still in shock of the sudden 'surprise'.

He smiled, followed with a Thank you and stepped beside me to wait for the now late bus.

I turned around and proceeded to continue on listening to music. After about 2 songs the bus finally came around.

The guy offered to let me in first and I murmured a thank you