Im late

"Ro..Rose right?" Jungkook said catching his breathe from running.

"yeah..yes" I said by the sudden interaction.

"hi....well ....I...just wanted to uhh...ask if I could follow you to bus... you see...the whole day i've been getting lost and I don't want to risk ending up in a neighborhood on the opposite side of town" he said sheepishly.

I stood staring at him wondering if he was being serious. He stared back at me with a questioning expression waiting for me to respond. I saw no sign that he was joking so I began walking again.

"sure" I said sensing him behind me.

For some reason I took longer than usual to find the bus, I guess it was just the fact that it was the first day of school or that a guy I just met was following me and added pressure and confusion into choosing the right one. I didn't want to be responsible for him getting lost, even though in the end it wasn't like he was a little kid.

 I didn't want to be responsible for him getting lost, even though in the end it wasn't like he was a little kid

After looking for a while I was finally able to spot it and climbed up the stairs. Sighing as I saw almost all the seats taken I moved towards the back to find an open seat.

''Excuse me can I sit here?" I asked a girl with long brown hair and multiple peircings. She looked like a sophmore and nodded softly removing her backpack from the seat. I sat down quickly trying not to take up all the space.

Beside me Jungkook sat with a freshman who sort of looked very uncomfortable. Of course I didn't blame him considering the fact that Jungkook towered over him.

I placed my backpack on my lap and leaned my head on the seat in front closing my eyes, I was so exhauseted. I had almost forgotten how early the days were going to start now.

I reminded myself that I could only rest and not fall asleep, knowing very well that I was a heavy sleeper and probably wouldn't wake up in time to get off the right bus stop.

Sighing I rubbed my eyes in an effort to wake myself up.

Realizing that it wasn't working I sat up straighter and hugged my bag tighter as the bus started turning around the corner.

I stared out the window calculating how many minutes I had to get home, get dressed and eat before heading off to work. I didn't have time for any unnecessary distractions.

This summer I had managed to get a job at a Minnie cafe near a local corner store. I had actually Liked working there and am planning to keep doing so until it was time to go on to college.

I haven't even thought about what I wanted to be  after high school or what I wanted to study for. Graduation seemed so far away, yet getting closer by the minute.

The bus came to a halt and I waited for a couple of people to get of and clear the aisle.

I looked over to Jungkook to see if he would get of first, but instead gestured me to go first. I nodded and stood up.