Part 12

The yamasks in the room flew out of the light, withdrawing into the darkness. The pairs of ominous red eyes disappeared and a faint shuffling was heard deeper in the room.  The yamasks dropped Ivy into the floor, leaving her behind in their confusion. Rose wasn't alone, her pokemon followed Rose into the room. She walked forwards and crouched down at Ivy. She reached her hand out and gently raised the servine's head.

"Are you okay?"

Ivy heard the question but didn't answer right away. Her mind was scattered and couldn't focus on anything...except for the cake.

Ivy backed away from Rose's hand and looked over the shoulder. She saw Mary and Evan still hunched over, eating cake. Ivy turned tack to Rose, her eyes showing a sense of pleading.

"Can you please help them? They have been acting...weird since the yamasks fed them some cake. I ate some too and now I can't think right."

Rose stood back up and looked over at Ivy's friends. She held her hand to her chin, seemingly lost in thought.

"The yamasks did they...? Hm, if it what I think it is, then I don't have what I need to help them."

Ivy snapped her head back at her friends in a panic. Rose's hand pressed lightly onto Ivy's head, focusing her attention back to her.

"But I do know where to get the item I need. If you would follow me, please. My friends will watch over Mary and Evan."

Rose held her hand out towards Ivy.

"Don't worry about them or yourself, I will be here to make sure you three are safe."

She reached out with her vines and wrapped them around Rose's hand and wrist. She stood back up with Rose's help and started walking towards the door.