Part 13

Ivy kept close to Rose's side, unsure of her movements. No matter how hard she focused on walking, her mind kept drifting and felt like it was fogging up. Rose was there to guide Ivy and was still holding into her vines.

"I know it is hard to concentrate, but hang in there. We are almost there."

Rose's Voice soothed Ivy's nerves slightly. She still couldn't focus on her surroundings, so she was hoping Rose told the truth. Not long after. Rose and Ivy stopped at a single brown door. Rose make a fist and knocked with the back of her hand.

"King, are you there? I need to speak with you."

Muffled shuffling could be heard, accompanied by a series of steps. The door opened, revealing a slightly perturbed King.

"Rose, what is it? We just talked and you're supposed to get ready."

"I need the Wish Bell," Rose calmly responded.

Kin's red eyes opened wide, though it was just for a second. His eyes then narrowed, giving Rose an accusing gaze.

"Why in the world do you need THAT thing for? I thought you said that we didn't need it anymore."

Rose responded calmly, without any sense of urgency.

"I said that we should keep it for safekeeping so we could pull it out if we ever needed it. So please, would you kindly get it out for me?"

King grumbled a bit before he went back into the room. Rose's hand firmly squeezed Ivy's vine in reassurance. Ivy felt this and smiled up at Rose. Although she wasn't her owner. Ivy still thought Rose as her trainer.

"Alright, I have it here."

In King's hand, there was a small golden bell. It had engravings of hearts in between two pastel pink stripes. On the top was rung handle, only big enough for one finger.