Part 1: The Azur Lane!

(Memories from Jacob's past)

It was a peaceful day in the village. Mother was in the kitchen cooking and both of my little brothers and my little sister was watching mom cook. My older sister was out in the village hanging out with some of her friends. Father was in another part of the house where there is a katana enshrined in a glass casing. My dad was praying in front of the sword, as he does everyday and this time, I was praying with him.

After a few minutes dad stood up and I did the same. We left the room and started talking in the living room.

Jacob: Dad, is the sword really that special?

Father: Yes son it is. Years ago I used it to fight in the war just like my father, and his father, and so on. I welded that sword and charged into battle. There were quite a few times when that sword saved my life.

Jacob: Your dad used it in the war?

Father: That's right. His father passed it down to him and he passed it down to me, and one day I shall pass it down to you.

Jacob: Really? WOW! Thanks dad!

Father: *Laughs a little* No problem son, but you don't need to take that responsibility yet, you're only 12 so you still have to grow up.

Jacob: Yeah I know.

After that I would spend 5 minutes every morning of every day praying to the sword with my dad. A week past and everything was normal, until they showed up.

One minute me and my father were praying to the sword, then the next thing I knew we were running for our lives. Mother was holding my little sister while my father was carrying both of my little brothers. Me and my older sister was running with mother and father away from the ocean. Then I tripped over something and when I hit the ground, all of the wind was knocked out of me. My parents, not knowing about what had happened to me, kept running. I started to get up and was about to run after them, but for some reason I had the urge to run back towards the ocean, towards the Sirens. I acted on that urge and ran the other way, away from my family.

I eventually made it to the ocean. Everything was in ruins, the houses, stores, everything. Almost every building was demolished and on fire. I found a small boat and I ran up to it. I started pushing it into the ocean. I got in the boat and made my way out onto the ocean.

Now that I think about it, it seems like a stupid thing to do, but at the time I was scared and confused. The strange thing is, it worked. I survived the attack.

After the attack, I spent the rest of that day up until the next morning in that boat. I was pretty good with directions and I found my way back to my village, or what was left of it.

Most of the houses were still on fire and in ruins, while other houses were destroyed as smoke rose into the air. I started making my way back to the beach side and headed into the village. At that point in time, me being a kid I mean, seeing dead people wasn't something you see everyday, almost at all really. However, it was different for me. Bodies filled the streets. Most of them I couldn't even tell that it was a dead person. Some of the bodies were burnt and charred. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air.

I was walking through the streets as I came up to a familiar building. I took one look at it and I instantly knew that it was my house. Half of the house had collapsed which was unusual because every house in the village was completely destroyed. I walked into my house, well the part that wasn't destroyed, and looked around. I expected everything inside to be broken or damaged, which everything was, except for one thing, the sword shrine.