/2/

*Nadia* 

"Alright passengers, we have now arrived to JFK airport and it is a hot early morning in New York." The pilot announced waking me up immediately. I got up and grabbed my suit case and called India. 

Calling Bestfriend🤪😈❤️...

"Hey bitch, you here?" She asked and I said "Yea I'm near the lil sandwich shop near baggage claim." I said and heard a very loud scream. 

"Nadia Lewis...Its been a grip bitchhhh!!!" India screamed in the middle of JFK. She attacked me in a hug and I hugged her back. I didn't see no one else with her so I'm assuming that she came alone. "Come on, We gotta get home you know how it gets after 3 in the morning in Harlem." She said and I nodded and laughed "Girl you look like the white version of yourself...I swear all that nigga did was make your fashion go to straight shit." India said draggin on me.

I rolled my eyes playfully and got in her car. I could tell it wasn't hers...she never liked Camaro's... Thats Daves favorite car of all time and I guess he got it. "So what did Dave say when he found out I was coming back?" I asked and she bit her lip nervously. 

"Here's the thing right...I haven't exactly told Dave yet...I told him I was making a drop of coke in the bronx and he said to take the Camaro because it has bullet proof windows. I know he's gonna find out but if I told him before you got here he would have came to get you himself and I know you was not about to have a fun conversation...So he can wait until he wakes up in the morning to see you." India said and I put my hand over my face trying to think of how bad of an idea this was. 

Dave doesn't like surprises and seeing a female that you think left you because she is embarrassed of you and the lifestyle you lead...super early in the morning isn't exactly what he needs. 

"Relax Nadia, Its not like Dave don't know you." India said and I laughed humorlessly "Thats what I'm worried about...We haven't seen each other in 5 years...when I left the last words that he said to me were "Don't come to me when you realize the mistake you made." India he literally warned me that this was gonna happen and I still went to Cali and left behind my hood." I said and she dug a blunt out of her passenger compartment and a lighter. She handed it to me and said "Since you not no nurse no more, you can smoke this and calm the fuck down. You're acting like you and Dave didn't fight all the time... ya'll was the closest I've ever seen to people be but y'all bumped heads more than anybody I've ever met...and we grew up in Harlem." 

I sighed and lit the blunt taking a long drag of it missing the feeling that weed used to give me. That first hit made it feel like all the stress was drained out my body. "Damn, its been to fucking long...I can't believe I gave this shit up." I said and hit it again doing a ghost. "Damn bitch I still can't do tricks as good as you and you haven't smoked in a minute." India said taking the blunt from me taking a hit. 

It took us about 15 minutes to get to Dave's house. He lived in a house one block away from his mama. He told me since we was young he would never leave the hood...its his home and where his heart belongs to. He said he wanted to make this place better and see it become better for his kids. I loved his ambition and all the love and passion he had about our community and I was the same. I never wanted to leave Harlem...thats why so many people were confused as to why I wanted to leave and go to Cali after graduation. I just felt like I was obligated to make more money than my parents did growing up...support myself and my mama. But every check I would send my mom, she would send back to me. 

She never excepted my money because she said that I'm her baby and I am living a life I don't want to make money she never needed. It took me awhile to realize that my mom was happy with her life in Harlem...and she didn't need help she needed me to do what made me happy. 

We got out the car and India helped me carry my things into Daves house and we quietly set me up in the living room. "You know how it is sis, we only got three room and all of them are in use and besides this is a pull out couch and its mad comfortable." India said getting nervous as if I didn't live through worse. "Dia, You don't gotta worry about it. We've slept in worse situations I can handle a pull out couch." I said and started setting it up tryna be as quiet at possible. 

If memory serves me right Dave is the heaviest sleeper on the East Coast. Which is tough for him cause being the most powerful gang banger on the East Coast isn't a light load of work. I then went to the bathroom and grabbed the clothes I was gonna sleep in. 

I worse my matching sports bra and panty set with some nice grey sweatpants and I left my cross necklace on

I worse my matching sports bra and panty set with some nice grey sweatpants and I left my cross necklace on. I decided to take my red hair lace front off and straighten my curls so there easier to deal with tomorrow. I walked out to the living room and there I saw him in all his glory...David Brewster. 

He turned around and looked at me as soon as I walked in and his eyes widened. "Nana?" He said looking me up and down. Dave definitely changed...I mean he was sexy as fuck before but NOW! holy shit! He was only wearing his black sweatpants that hung low on his hips and he has tattoos all over his body now. 

"Hey Dave." I said a lil above a whisper. "So this what we doin now? Dropping by with out telling me you was even in town?" He asked looking away from my eyes. I played with my fingers and looked down. Dave was the only person that could make me listen to him...He was one of the only people that I had full in utter trust wether we was on good or bad terms. 

"I'm sorry, it was kinda last minute and India got me the tickets and picked me up bringing me here. I told her it wasn't good that she didn't tell you. Its your house...If you want I can go Dave." I said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Don't be stupid Nana, I ain't finna let cha ass get killed your first night back to the city." He said and I scoffed "Dave just cause I left don't mean I still ain't the Nadia that was out hea bustin' Glocks wit Chu and yo whole crew nigga." I said with more confidence. He raised a brow and chuckled "Now thats the Nadia I remember." He came over to me and gave me the biggest bear hug I've had in a while and then said "We still need to talk about the fight we had at the trap house before you left...I'm still mad...and we left a lot of things unsaid but I did miss yo big ass head round hea Nana." Dave said and kissed my forehead before he walked to go to his room. 

His touch felt like heaven on me. Its like the fire inside me that burned out when I left Harlem was lit again as soon as Dave wrapped his arms around me. 

I laid my head down on the pillow that was on the couch and pulled the blanket over me. 

Some things just never change...

*****

THANK YOU FOR READING❤️