denial

The taste of blood fills my mouth when I swipe my lower lip with the tip of my tongue. An amused smirk pulls onto my face as I looked into their gem-coloured eyes. To think that underneath that hunter's mask was such a handsome face. I wonder why they would ever want to hide their beauty in the first place.

Such strange customs humans have.

The hunter shoved me into a tree. A shot of pain bloomed at the back of my skull. They pressed their arm against my neck. The pressure enough to choke me. I push with an opposing force, no match for their strength. The explosion had probably been laced with iron fillings, the most effective toxin for my kind.

Speaking of this, where are the others? Did they survive the blast? Were they securing Misha's safety first? Were reinforcements coming?

"What the hell was that?!" The hunter's screaming cuts through my chain of thoughts. The anger in their voice made me weak in the knees. Their face still flustered from what I had done.

"Would you like me to do it again?" I offered, switching to their tongue. They seemed surprised by how fluent I spoke it. 

"It seemed you enjoyed it as much as i did," I licked at the spilt of my lip again, "even though, you did bite me." 

I watched as their eyes trailed down to my lips. Those pretty eyes clouded with desire. The hunter tore their gaze away from my lips back to my face. Their hard front resurfacing. I truly admired their show of restraint.

So diligent.
Perhaps I should be more assertive

I took the opening to pull up my legs, kneeing them hard in the chest. My arms giving one strong push at their arm. The surprise on their face was priceless as they fell backwards. My hand quickly swiped at the dagger at their belt. The iron hilt burning me unexpectedly. I cry out in pain, tossing the cursed weapon aside.

My opponent grabbed my waist, attempting to flip me over, but I punched them in the face first. A little harder than necessary. They deserved it after what their stupid dagger did to my hand.

I looked at the etchings stamped into my palm: patterns on the hilt sizzling with purple mist. Ignoring the pain, I focused back on the task at hand. I snatch a piece of vine nearby, using  it to tie the hunter's wrists together. Pinning their arms above their head. A smug smile on my face as I watched them grimace in pain.

Misha would be proud.

The hunter's gem-coloured eyes refueled with fury. Their anger, coursing through my body like wildfire. It's warmth building in my core. I fidgeted against their hard torso, putting friction on the growing itch between my legs.

"You better stop looking at me like that, my love." 

"Fucking savage!" They spat in my face.

I frowned at the term, "You call us that as if you humans are better.

"You hunt my people like animals for their blood, for your money. Confused, when we fight back. You call us uncultured, as if you're more civilized than our kind. You're monsters to us, just as we are to you. This unnecessary war was waged by your kind in the first place.

They simply chuckle at my response.

"Excuse me?"

"I know you are not like the others. You are a half-breed. You're different," they mused. "To them, you are an anomaly, a degenerate, a taint in their society. Why are you speaking to defend them? Especially, when they do not even accept you as one of theirs?

I felt my stomach boil with anger at their words, knowing that they had mocked me. They were wrong.

The hunter's right, a little voice in my head corrected.

What?

Misha always said you were expendable. Have you forgotten?

No, they never said that.

Yes. Stop lying to yourself.

No.

You know it's true. You've always had.