Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Holy.

Shit.

Ochako fiddles, loose sweatpants in hand (most likely to put over the shorts if we leave), as our eyes trace the overlapping cuts and scars along her legs - from her thighs to the bottom of her calves. The one area that remains untouched and silky smooth is the area around her Mark.

"Ochako..." I breathe.

She sits on the bed, "I felt hopeless after she rejected me," She casts her eyes down and fiddles with her thumbs again, "I know it's a dumb excuse, but I felt detached, devoid of something essential. It's been so difficult... I didn't just not eat that day in Disney World, It's been hard to motivate myself to eat much of anything. I just have no appetite. I know it's depression, and I know it's stupid, but it's just how I am," She shrugs, shoulders drooping lifelessly.

"I put on this brave, happy face everyday, because it's what people expect of me. Sometimes, I even trick myself to temporarily believe I'm happy. Since I've met you two," Her eyes go from Kat to me, "I think I finally have found somewhere I belong. I think everything happens for a reason. Because before you two, I had never met anyone, other than my mystery girl, who's had a soulmark."

We all smile, feeling a little closer.

Ochako strokes her thighs as if she were stroking a cat, legs hanging off the bed.

"Nevermind, I'll find, Someone like yoooou,"

Shoot. My mom. I fumble for my phone and swipe the red button, declining the call.

Me: Sorry mom, just doing school stuff. I'll FaceTime you later. Love you! - 10:33 a.m.

A moment later, my phone buzzes. It isn't my mom. You have 1 new PM - A notification from Facebook. I open it, then click my phone screen off as soon as I read it.

Denki Kaminari (Pikachu Knockoff):I'm really sorry, and I think your friend wants to fight me. What did I do?

"Calamari?" Ochako asks.

Kat snorts at the nickname, until I remind him that I called him "Kitty, kitty, kitty Katsuki".

He glares at me as Ochako giggles, "And you will never call me that again."

"Or what?" I challenge.

He continues to glare menicingly.

"Heeere kitty kitty kitty Ka- AH SHIT!"

I get about a two-second head start as Katsuki chases me down the hall and we fly down the emergency stairs. If I hadn't done track in high school, he would've caught me by now. I dash into the living room, and as I run out the front door, I trip into someone, taking me down with them.

"Flaming fucksicles!" I scream at the pink-haired girl I took down. I pick her up and hold her in front of me as a shield. She doesn't object, seeing as she's dying of laughter. Katsuki catches up outside and looks very confused to see someone being held as a human sacrifice.

"I swear to god, 'Re," He starts, advancing slowly upon us, "I'll knock her outta my way. I told you not to call me that."

"Call you what?" The pink-haired girl between my hands asks.

I shake my head, then I feel because she can't see me.

"Uh-uh," I start, "I'm not repeating it," I pull a white tissue out of my hoodie pocket and wave it in surrender.

Katsuki rolls his eyes, "Fine. I won't hit you," I let go of my captive, "This time," I hide behind her, peeking over her shoulder.

In her FRIENDS tee and baggy black sweats, Ochako jogs out with her phone in hand, panting, ready to record. She looks at the three of us, "Serena, are you giving a human sacrifice?"