My Frosty Day

Mikayla's POV

    We reach the parking lot and get into Paris' car. Paris first heads towards Heather's house. When we get there, we all say our goodbyes to Heather and she goes into her house.

    Paris then drives to our house which is just a street away from Heather's. "Thank you so much for the treat Paris", I smile at her and Ria thanks her too. "It's no biggie, see y'all tomorrow", she winks at us and drives off to her house which is three streets from ours.

    Ria walks into the kitchen and warms up some leftover lasagna from dinner last night.  I head up to my room and place my bag on my bed and change into some baggy sweatpants. I go downstairs and find Ria munching happily on her lasagna.

  "Did you even leave any lasagna for me?" I smirk at her. "Yeah it's in the fridge", she said while chewing so her words are muffled. "How classy", I laugh at this, "I'll be back soon I'm going to pick up Tommie from daycare."

    I walk out shutting the door behind me. Putting on my headphones and jamming to Ed Sheeran, I start my trip to the day care. In the middle of 'Shape of You', I feel myself being pushed out of the way.

    In the state of confusion, everything is a buzz and I have some sound in my ears. When my vision starts to clear, I take in my surroundings and I see a car speeding off. Then it takes me a minute to register that I could've been hit by a speeding car.

     "Hey are you okay?", I hear a voice I look up and register Damien's face, "I'm really sorry for the abrupt tackling but when I saw the car coming your way, I had to do something I even called out to you but nothing".

     "It's okay you saved my life I'm really grateful", I reply as he offers me a hand and helps me up. When I'm on my feet, I brush off the dust on my sweatpants. "Thank you so much".

     I pick up my busted up headphones while Damien hands me my phone. I noticed that my phone is cracked and it breaks my heart. "Oh no it's cracked I hope it'll still work", I say as I examine it.

"I'm really sorry Mikayla", Damien frowns, "I promise to make it up to you, I'll buy you a new pair of headphones and a new phone".

    "No you don't have to they'll work it's fine Damien", I smile at him.

     "Look at the state that they're in I'm pretty sure they won't work and if they do it'll be very difficult for you to use them Mikayla", he points out and frowns, "I have the money it's not a problem for me plus it's my fault that they're damaged."

    "Think of it as an apology for what happened please let me make it up to you I already so bad for ruining your phone so it'll make me feel better when I replace them pretty please", he continues while giving me the puppy eyes.

     It makes me laugh so I smile up at him and nod. He fistpumps the air and smiles at me. "So where were you heading before this incident?", Damien asks me as he decides to walk with me.

   "Well I was on my way to the daycare to pick up my little brother Tommie well actually his name is Thomas", I reply, "Where were you going if you don't mind me asking?"

    "Actually I was going nowhere in particular I was just taking a walk you know to get some fresh air", he runs a hand through his hair, "Would you mind if I came along with you?"

    "Absolutely Not", I smiled at him