Quidditch cup

Rebecca's pov

I woke up to a lot of loud noise coming from the common room. I assumed they had started up the party again despite Professor McGonagall already breaking it up twice. I headed down the stairs and spotted Oliver standing there. I walked over to him and hugged him, burying my head in his chest, I felt him wrap his arms around me and begin stroking my hair.

"What's going on?" I asked groggily.

"Your brother just had a nightmare, that's all Lass. You should go back to bed." Oliver said.

“I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!” Professor McGonagall said angrily as she came through the portrait hole.

I turned my head so I could see her but I remained in Oliver's arms.

“I certainly didn’t authorize this, Professor!” Percy defended. “I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare-”

“IT WASN’T A NIGHTMARE!” Ron yelled. “PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!”

  Professor McGonagall stared at him.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?” Professor McGonagall said.

  “Ask him!” Ron said, pointing a shaking finger at the back of Sir Cadogan’s picture. “Ask him if he saw-”

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed the portrait back open and went
outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath.

“Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?” Professor McGonagall asked.

“Certainly, good lady!” Sir Cadogan replied.

There was a stunned silence, both inside and outside the common room.

“You- you did?” Professor McGonagall asked shocked. “But- but the password!”

“He had ‘em!” Sir Cadogan said proudly. “Had the whole week’s, my lady! Read ‘em off a little piece of paper!”

Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole to face the stunned crowd. She was white as chalk.

“Which person?” she asked, her voice shaking, “which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week’s passwords and left them lying around?”

There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to fluffy slippered toes, raised his hand slowly into the air.

I felt Oliver hug me tighter. Sirius Black was in our common room, He was in the Boy's dormitory and he could have killed my brother. Oliver moved us to a chair where he sat hugging me to his chest.

"I have a feeling no one is sleeping tonight Lass. Might as Well stay with you." Oliver mumbled.

Just as predicted no one slept. The whole of Gryffindor stayed up in the common room waiting for news on Sirius Black. It was early in the morning when we were informed by Professor McGonagall that Sirius Black had gotten away.