Mischief

Willow was wandering around the constant with two other survivors. She saw something else chopping trees in the distance.
"Stay back." She Warned the children. Clockworks should've been right around the bend, but they were. The two robots were lying on the floor, torn to bits. They guarded a mighty statue that stood there, a statue of the mighty king Maxwell. The floor around the statue was a graceful red, the ground blotted with evil flowers. The man in the statue was tall, wearing a rather dapper suit as he held a mighty pose. Maxwell had a rather large nose that fit his face just right. Someone was next to the statue, using mushed up berries to deface the statue. The stranger was almost like a goat, with beige fur and a fluffy tail. Their hooves stood on the shoulder of the statue as he vandalized the piece of art. They didn't even notice the survivors. Webber reached into his bag and slowly unsheathed his spear. Wendy set her flower onto the ground, watching it hover slightly, growling with hunger. The flower desired a sacrifice so the soul inside could be freed. Willow grabbed her own spear as she approached the statue.
"Who goes there?!" She shouted. The animal let out a yelp as they fell from the statue. The goat landed on his feet and turned to Willow, his fur fluffed up. Webber thrusted his spear towards the animal. It was just enough to scare the timid thing away. Willow turned to the statue, which had red paste smushed all over its face and hands.
"It was always an ugly statue anyway." Willow chuckles and shrugged.

When Willow arrived back at camp, Wilson was sitting on the ground. He had boards and cut stone surrounding him as he built a strange machine. He looked up at the others and readjusted his vest
"You've got a thief problem. Stole my meal right outta my hands." The scientist grumbled his words.
"We Do? Since when?" Webber asked.
"Since now." Willow shushed the child.
"We could always give em a big show next time they appear." Willow smiled as she held her spear up. Wilson nodded along.
"What are you building?" Webber asked Wilson.
"An alchemy engine."
"What's it do?"
Wilson looked up at Webber and smiled
"Why it does science, my boy! Come, sit. I'll teach you a thing or two."
Willow stood as a spectator as she watched Webber settle down next to Wilson. All eight of his eyes were open wide as he watched Wilson craft an Electrical Doodad.
"My father worked on something like this." Webber noted, curiously staring at it.
"Then your father was a very smart man." Wilson complimented, never tearing his eyes away from his work. Willow felt a smile creep up the side of her face. She knew they'd get along just find. The pyromaniac turned to Wendy. She went to a chest and pulled out a squirming black bird. She held it tight in her hands as she handed it to Wendy. Wendy immediately set her flower down and snapped the birds neck. A ghastly figure emerged from the flower. It looked similar to Wendy as she floated next to her. Wendy ushered the ghost forward to Wilson, who glanced up from his work. He stared in awe at the ghost.
"This is Abigail. She's my sister." Wendy said in that familiar gentle tone. She stared at the scientist as he continued to stare.
"She's very nice, do not worry."
The ghost swirled around wilson, distracting him from his work. The scientist chuckled, amazed at the mere thought of ghosts.
"She's rather pretty for her age, shame she couldn't grow up anymore."
The ghosts cheeks turned red as she rubbed her cheek as if it sat 'oh stop it, you.' Wilson chuckled lightly when the ghost swirled away, leaving to retreat to her sister side. Webber continued to work on the alchemy engine while Wilson was distracted.
"Need any help Webber?"
"We got it!" The spider child gave a thumbs up as he tinkered with the machine.

Wilson and Webber stood in front of their newly build machine, nodding. They had already hammered the old science machine, letting the alchemy engine take the spotlight. Wilson ruffles Webber's head fur.
"You did a good job, kiddo."
"Thank you Mr. Wilson."