9. the sports festival

Today was the day of the sports festival.

"I'll be recording the whole thing kiddo! Just go out there and do your best! And don't forget to show them you are (f/n) (l/n) and you will not be bested easily!"

"I know mom I gotta go now."

"I love you so much have fun!" I had done all the paperwork to be able to wear my energy shot filled thigh belts, well only one actually they only would allow one saying it might give too much of an advantage, that was fine with me. Just because I couldn't wear all of them on me doesn't mean I can't have a bag full of them waiting for me on the sidelines. I was kinda scared to see who we'd be up against but come on I fought real villains this would be nothing to me! The first trial was an obstacle course many of my classmates, including myself, were standing up in front of the crowd. The moment we were given the go everyone rushed forward some bumped into me and were sent flying back into other students, causing quite the block up in the narrow hallway. Todoroiki iced the ground behind him but it didn't affect me so I easily ran over it. I wasn't the only one to get out of his trap and so the large portion of us were still running as fast as we could on the ice. The next obstacle was a bunch of robots that we faced in the entrance exam, mostly the zero pointers. I didn't have to fight them it would be a waste of time. I just kept running and almost passed Todoroki but again he bested me and continued to hold the lead. Bakugou was quick to take my spot of second. I couldn't do anything to stop him but placing in third would still be a win for me. I skidded to a halt when I came up to the third obstacle. I would have to think about the quickest way across. Think think think! I know! I created five clones then had all of them stack on my shoulders as we tumbled forward the clone on top grabbed the rope and pulled the rest of us up so we were back in an upright stack this continued until we were all the way across. I made a human slinky hell yeah. I'm really glad that worked! Todoroki and Baukugo were still ahead of me by a considerable distance but I still held third place. Now was the fourth obstacle. It looked like an open field but you would have to be an idiot to not know something was up. Then I saw the explosion, ah it was a minefield. This was a way to let people in the back get a lead. The two boys were quick to move ahead but I stood back for a moment. I could easily just run across but that would make it too easy for everyone else I would have to be careful with where I stepped. I slowly moved but I still kept a steady pace forward, other people were catching up to me and I knew that I had to pick up the pace slightly. I wasn't far behind Todoroki and Bakugou but others were quickly catching up to us. Then I saw it. Deku came flying past on a broken piece of robot Hell yeah he was learning to adapt! I didn't even care that I would be placed forth now! Go Deku! I began running now not even caring if I was making the path easier for those behind me, well as long as they weren't too close to the mines. I did place fourth but seriously Deku placed first! How cool is that?! My best friend placed first!

Time skip to the last test in the festival the one one one battles. I'm gonna say you took Ojiro's place after he backed out instead of Shiozaki that's how you made it in. (the reason is that your team couldn't really touch you so yeah.)

Deku was up against Shinso. Apparently he had a brainwashing quirk, according to Ojiro as long as Deku didn't talk he would be good. I was nervous though, Deku had to make it he just had to. But I was also rooting for Shinso and not just because I like him! Maybe that was a big part of it but I remembered that look of determination on his face both of them wanted to win so badly so I think I would be happy with whoever won and would consol whoever lost the best I could. Almost as soon as the battle began Shinso brainwashed Deku into almost walking out of the ring! Holly shit his quirk was awesome! In the end, however, it was Deku that won. I ran down to the opening of the ring as fast as I could, I had to talk to Shinso. As I was going I ran into someone we both fell but I fell on top of them.