Twenty-Five

"You've gotta take off your shoes, silly," Diana nudged Franki towards the security check, slipping off her own boots and tossing them into one of the plastic bins. Franki followed suit, placing her white converse carefully beside Diana's shoes.

"One at a time," Diana whispered, gently pushing Franki in the direction of the large metal detector. Hesitantly, Franki walked forwards and waited for Diana to do the same.

"See? Not so bad," Diana laughed, grabbing Franki's hand and adjusting her backpack on her shoulder. "Now all we have to do is wait until our plane gets here. We're gate..." she pulled the ticket out of her pocket. "A21. So somewhere down there," she pointed down one of the long hallways.

Smiling widely, Franki followed Diana as they made their way to their gate. Something else caught Franki's eye, though, and she let go of Diana's hand to check it out.

The small girl padded over to the front of the gift shop, making a beeline for the rack of hoodies. Diana raised an eyebrow, jogging after her to see what she had found.

"Look, kiwi," Franki help up a blue hoodie with the words 'I ♥ UP' in white lettering. Diana nodded, acknowledging that she'd seen the sweatshirt.

"Can I get it?" Franki tilted her head to the side slightly. "It is your favorite color," she nodded, clutching the hoodie to her chest and moving to whisper in Diana's ear. "And I am your favorite girl, right?"

Laughing, Diana took the hoodie from Franki's hands and studied it for a moment. "You're a goofball," she laughed, nudging Franki towards the cash register and handing her back the hoodie. "Go put it up there."

Franki glanced up at Diana hesitantly but the brown eyed girl gave her a supportive smile. Taking a deep breath, Franki padded over and laid the hoodie on the counter.

"Hi," Franki said softly. The cashier gave her a small smile and scanned the hoodie. Putting a comforting arm around Franki's shoulder, Diana handed the cashier her credit card.

"Can I put it on?" Franki asked quietly once they made their way out of the store with the bag in tow. Diana laughed, taking the bag from Franki's hand and unfolding the hoodie. She helped the smaller girl tug it on over her shirt.

Franki smiled happily in the hoodie, even though she had chosen one that was two sizes too big for her. Diana thought she looked adorable with the extra long sleeves. Franki shook her arms a few times so she could wiggle her hands through the openings.

"My favorite girl in my favorite color," Diana teased, leaning in and kissing Franki's nose. She didn't mind the stares she got from people. She didn't mind at all.

With Franki, things that usually mattered to her didn't matter. Diana tended to get too worked up over everything. If someone looked at her the wrong way, she'd panic. But now, she had Franki. When she was with Franki, her only focus was Franki. They were both in their own little world, and nothing could ruin that.

"Thank you, kiwi," Franki smiled and pulled Diana into a hug. "I like this better than my last plane."

"Your last plane?" Diana raised an eyebrow. Franki nodded, grabbing Diana's hand and pulling her forwards before she could ask any more questions.

"Right here," Diana pointed to the sign above their gate. Franki clapped her hands and sat down in one of the black chairs. Diana sat beside her, pulling out her phone and handing Franki one of her ear buds.

The girls listened to music while they waited to board their plane. About twenty minutes later, she was being pulled down the aisle by an excited Franki, who was eager to get a window seat.