Where The Rays of The Sun ARE So Warm and Tender

It was October and Roger was 9 months pregnant. The doctor had told them the baby was going to come pretty soon, in a few days. Roger wasn't getting much sleep because of the pain and kicks. He was experiencing kicks for a few months now though. He was having some practice contractions too.

It was the middle of the night and Roger was awake again. Brian was sleeping on the other side of the bed.
He looked at the white baby crib they bought for their little one.

"Emma, do you hear me?" Roger whispered, stroking his belly which looked like a mountain.
"Baby, please come. I want to hug you, hold you, kiss you and raise you up. Honey, even if you'll exhaust the shit out of me by waking up at night time and won't stop crying, still come. I want to see that beautiful face. Okay? Come already."

He got replied with another kick. He looked over to Brian. Then he started looking at his belly again.

"Brian is going to take care of you so well. He's gonna be a great father."

Another kick. This time, it really hurt.

"Brian..." He squeaked between his clenched teeth.
Then he realized what he's done.
He couldn't call his name!
Although, he needed some comfort and Brian was keen to give it to him.

Enough! He couldn't take the pain anymore.

"Brian." He said again, a little more loudly.

Since Brian was very worried these days, he woke up immediately.

"Is the baby coming?!"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, 'I don't know.'?"

"She's kicking so much."

An expression of pity appeared on Brian's face.
"I know baby..."

Roger looked at Brian, smiling.
"Who are you calling baby?" He asked.

"I-I'm sorry Roger." He had forgotten that he didn't let him call baby. Roger chuckled.

"No, no it's fine that you call me baby. I just couldn't understand whether you're calling me baby or Emma."

Brian was in shock. Roger let him call him baby!

"You..." Brian said, smiling, after pulling himself out of disbelief.

"Okay."

Brian sat up.
"Ro-Roger, is it okay if I stroke your belly?" He asked, blushing.

Roger replied by pulling his shirt, up to his chest. Brian hesitantely placed his hand on it and started stroking it. A few seconds later, he felt a kick on his palm.
He heard an "Ow." from Roger and without thinking, he started stroking his blonde locks. It was what he did when Roger was hurt before they had a problem going on. It was almost like a reflex. Totally subconscious.

Instead of hitting his hand, Roger smiled widely at Brian. It made Brian so glad to see the drummer genuinely happy after a long time.

He hesitantely got his hand off the belly and pressed his ear on it. When Roger didn't react badly, he started listening.

"Roger, maybe I'm taking it too far but can I k-kiss your belly?" Brian asked.

"I don't think I'm going to be pregnant for so long, go ahead."

Brian pressed a hesitant kiss on the belly and layed down again, next to Roger.

He snuggled in Brian. When this happened, the guitarist gasped from happiness and disbelief. He could feel Roger's pregnant belly, pressing against his. He wrapped his arms around the younger man and started stroking his hair again.