soiled

Hey, dorks.

Its me, ya boy Jason.

Anyways, if you are reading this than that means my secret plan worked. "What plan?" You are probably asking yourselves. Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be much of a secret plan, now would it?

So, I am sorry for all the injuries and such I caused. (I hope I didn't kill any of you, that would make the reunion awkward. Yikes.)

I just wanted to say, thank you all for being the best friends a street rat could ask for. Y'all rock.

And I'm sorry you had to find out like this, Dick, but it be like that. Be a better big brother to Tim than I currently am.

And Bruce...I am sorry I failed you. I hope you can forgive me.

Oops, Strokey Boi is on his way over, gotta finish this up.

Catch you on the flip side.

-Jason

The team watched as the Justice League read the note over, faces revealing nothing.

Tim was internally freaking out about the wording of the note and the uneasy feeling it left in his stomach, but he didn't want to bring it up in case he was wrong.

He didn't want to cause any more unnecessary anxiety.

He watched as the Justice League finished reading the note, eyes looking straight at Will and Tim.

"Where did you find this?" Superman asked, handing the note to Flash to undergo analysis.

"I found it in Jason's discarded mask." Will held up the mask, something he still couldn't believe everyone else had missed. "What do you think it means?"

The League was quiet for a moment, Batman being the one to speak up. "One of two things; this was written before Jason submitted to Deathstroke and he just forgot to remove it or...or Jason is playing us all."

Dick let out a growl. "Why would he play us? What is he trying to accomplish?"

Batman sighed, rubbing his hand over his face. "I'm not sure, but I will get to the bottom of this." He debated telling the others about his phone call with Ra's, deciding that they should know. "After we got off the phone with Jade, Ra's Al Ghul called me, offering to work together to bring Deathstroke down and bring Jason home."

Bart scoffed. "Why would you want to do that? He's an assassin now, he's where he belongs." Bart stared Batman down when he was given the Bat-glare, only turning away with a muttering under his breath. "Just saying the truth."

"Keep it to yourself, Bart. You didn't know Jason like the rest of us." Artemis snapped, eyes narrowed at the speedster.

"Oh and like you all knew him so well, well enough to predict he would turn to the dark side." He drawled sarcastically.

"Watch your mouth." Conner snarled. "Jason is just lost right now."

Bart went to snap back a reply when the holographic computer lit up with a phone call, revealing Jade in her Cheshire get up. She was in a helicopter and everyone felt a bad feeling fill them.

"Hello, heroes. I just wanted to call and let you all know I am approaching the HQ as we speak."

"Jade, turn around. You don't want to do this."

"Actually, I do. And don't worry sis, I'm not alone."

The camera swiveled to the left to show Ra's Al Ghul and Talia. Ra's smirked at the camera. "You took too long to answer, detective. I found someone else who was willing to help."

Bruce grunted. "If anything happens to Jason, I swear I-"

"Oh, no, nothing will befall Jason. However, since you obviously do not care enough for him to remove him from the war, I will be taking him. He is a valuable asset to have."

"Ra's, let Jason come home."

A chuckle escaped Talia's throat. "Beloved, why not let the boy choose for himself? You know where we will be, if you want your son back I suggest you make haste."

The call cut out and all eyes were on Batman. His face was twisted with anger. "Suit up, we're heading to their HQ to save my son."

The heroes nodded, running off to go do just that.

- - -

Jade felt her nerves spike as the island came into view, turning to Talia and Ra's, who were looking out the window with bored expressions. "Are you sure this will work?"

"Cheshire, do not doubt me again." Ra's spoke coldly. "Of course this will work, I came up with the plan, after all."

Jade rolled her eyes under her mask. "Yes, have the League destroy the Justice League for you and while the Shadows are in shambles, take your throne back from Deathstroke."

"Is that disdain I hear in your voice?"

"No, sir."

"Good." Ra's grinned as the helicopter touched down on the edge of the island. "You know your part, go forth and destroy."

Jade nodded, hopping out of the helicopter and making her way towards the base. She stopped outside Deathstroke's chambers, raising her fist to knock.

Before she could, the door opened up to reveal a mask-less Deathstroke and a bloody Jason on the ground. She averted her eyes from his wounds, looking up at Deathstroke, who was smirking at her. He motioned for her to enter, closing the door behind her.

"Cheshire, what a nice surprise." Jade felt a shudder go down her spine. "You were just the assassin I was looking for."

Jade nodded, glancing back at Jason. "What do you need me to do?"

Deathstroke's smirk grew. "Watch him, I have a war to prepare for."

Jade kept her voice and body movements neutral. "War?" How could he have known about the Al Ghuls coming here and performing a coup?

Deathstroke nodded, pulling his mask back on. "The Justice League is coming."

"How do you know?'

"I revealed Jason's identity to them, of course they are coming. And when they get here, I will destroy them once and for all."

"How do you plan to do that?'

Deathstroke leaned into Jade, whispering his plan into her ear. Her eyes bulged under her mask and she stared straight at Jason.

There was no way he could pull this off...could he?