Chapter 13

This story is written by @xAnDeinerSeitex She wrote this story on a website called TokioHotelFiction.com. I was able to locate her and found out she had a wattpad account. She has given me permission to post it on here. @xAnDienerSeitex aslo has a new updated version of the story, as seeing this one is a few years old. If you like to read that one click the external link on the side. And I would like to say I have no rights to this story and I am NOT the writer. I would also like to thank @xAnDeinerSeitex for writing this great story and letting me post it on my account.

"Roger!" Mum continued to scream, oblivious to the fact that Joey was standing directly across from me, his eyes pried open as far as he could make them, one eyebrow sunken a tad with his mouth open in the slightest little bit. Unlike him, though, I was more used to all this bullshit than I really should be, and I stood with an almost stone face, though only my surface was solid. Lying directly below my thin layer of protection that I'd forged only because Joey was here was the usual emotional gelatin that I was diminished to when my parents went at it like this. "Let 'er be, she had a good night tonight without you muckin' it all up for her!" And then she began to tug at Roger's iron grip again, once each time she screeched a word. "And, let, me, fucking, go!"

"'Da fuck have you been?" Roger slurred, ignoring her desperate attempts to get away from him, each one only tightening his grip on her a bit more. "Did I ever say you could go out tonight?"

And in a bold, unwarranted moment of strength, I stood up to him. "Did I ask for your permission? No, so shut the fuck up." Honestly, I didn't know where the hell this was all coming from. Yeah, Joey is powerful and all, but I was mouthing off to Roger with minimal provocation. I usually take a bit before I begin shoving his attitude back in his face with double the ferocity.

Roger raised an eyebrow to me, not as affected by the snippiness as I'd hoped he would have been. "Are you taking a tone with me?"

In that moment, everything else seemed to fall away from me. Mom wasn't clutching Roger as hard as she could as she tried to claw at his skin to make him release her; Joey wasn't standing there looking on at our argument with awe scribbled on his face. It was just me and the man I couldn't possibly been born of, ready to go at it. Only, he was made of hard metal and sharp edges, whereas my strength ended right under the façade I put on, pretending that I wasn't scared of him. Pretending I was strong enough to fend him off helped me come to terms that I was a victim of perpetual child abuse.

That strong front came through for me then, though, because I squared my shoulders to him and crossed my arms, something he surely would have done by now, had he not been holding his vice and his punching bag so tightly. "With good reason, I am, Dad." I hated using the D-word with him, but he got even testier when I didn't. I figured I'd skip punches where I could. "You've got no right to dictate my life."

"I'm your father, you stupid bitch," he slurred at me, his tone fierce. "That gives me permission to tell you what you can and can't do."

"I'm your teenage daughter, and if roles are assumed right, then I'm supposed to love you and respect what you have to say. But seeing as you're not that great at playing your part as the caring father, I've got no obligations to the part of the average teenager. And since you're the best as trying to control every single aspect of my life, I've become quite good at going behind your back and doing a lot of things you don't know about."

But instead of being angry, Roger just began to sputter with laughter. "Aww, how adorable!" He turned to my mother, a wicked, biting smile on his face. "Look at that, Michelle! She's pretending she's got a life!" After a bit more cackling, he turned back to face me once again. "Nice try, you stupid cunt, but I happen to know you sit in your room and draw all day every day. But I promise, your attempts to take me down are hilarious, though. Really."