chapter five

general pov:

millie and iris sat in the hospital waiting room, waiting for any type of information on finn. they had been waiting for five hours, and none of the nurses or doctors had said a word to them. alice had called iris, pretending to care. she didn't actually care, and everybody knew that.

all of millie's friends were still at home, millie told them she would inform them with any news she got. she couldn't inform them on news that she didn't even get, it was taking too long. with every second that passed, she got more and more worried with how much time it was actually going to take for him to wake up—if he would even wake up at all.

the hospital smelt of pure chemicals and cleaning products...but on a more mental approach, it smelt like pure fear, and loved ones being dragged away to heaven, or hell, whichever place they would of belonged. it smelt like loss, heart break, sadness and sorrow. nobody loved hospitals, nobody. hospitals meant bad news.

"anybody here for finn wolfhard?" an old looking nurse asked, holding an old brown clip board.

the two girls stood up quickly, raising their hands. the nurse made a 'come here' motion with her hands, so they followed. she walked them into the corridor where they were to find out any possible news on finn.

millie crossed her fingers behind her back, hoping more than anything that the news was good. he didn't deserve to die, not like that. he didn't deserve anything bad that was happening to him. not when the truth had finally been told as to why he split the contact.

"finn is awake." the woman said, "he is a little weak right now, but only one of you are allowed to visit at once. we don't want to overwhelm him."

millie and iris looked at each other, wondering which one of them should go first. millie knew that if iris wanted to go first, she would have to let her. iris had been there for finn way more than she had. but if iris gave millie the chance, she would take it.

the blonde thought for a second, knowing that millie wouldn't say anything until she had decided. she looked at the brunette and noticed how desperate her eyes were to see the curly haired boy she had missed undeniably.

"millie, you can go first. he would probably wanna see you more than me." iris said, "actually, he definitely would. maybe it'll make him a little happier."

"are you sure? i don't want you to feel like i'm taking him away from you." millie asked, playing with the silver ring on her finger.

"of course i'm sure. i can wait, go ahead." iris said, with a little smile.

"okay. thank you, iris." millie said.

"his room is number three-hundred and fifty-three." the nurse said.

millie thanked the nurse and instantly ran up the stairs, one hundred. she ran straight down that hall, until she hit another flight of stairs. two hundred. not that corridor. she ran down there, getting more faster every time she got closer to his room. three hundred. she sprinted down that corridor, the most empty corridor there was.

she started to walk as she needed to concentrate on which room was finn's so she didn't walk in on a family in a distressed state. that would be awful–embarrassing.

there the room was, three hundred and fifty three. she took a deep breath. would he even want to see her? she hoped so bad that he would. she turned the door knob and walked into the room.

laid on the bed was finn, he was wearing a hospital gown and his hair was all messy. his skin was pale and he just looked sad. it wasn't the finn she knew and loved, the finn she fell in love with back when they were young. it wasn't him, and that hurt her the most. he was depressed. the finn she knew would never try and end his own life.