이. Story of the Past

CHAPTER TWO

◈ CHAPTER TWO ◈

The 'stepbrother' word was really shocked her. Her thought starting to fill with worries. She thought that her trusted brother is involved in this arrangement. She doesn't know how to react. Should she mad? Or being sad? She has been a good girl all this time, but why her family repays her with something like this? It was very unfair for her, but she doesn't have a choice. Rebelling is not really her style.

"Eun, I swear I didn't involve in this thing. I don't even know that Grandfather was planning your arrange marriage and announced it today. I just come back from Japan this morning! Mother never told me about this." Kai explained. They walk in the garden to talk about what her grandfather had announced.

"It's okay, Oppa. I never said I blame you, I just thought that you knew it from the start and keep it secret. I'm trying to absorb everything I heard just now. I never know you have stepbrother. You never told me before." They walk towards a white gazebo that placed on the center of the pond.

Kai sighed. Yes, he never told Eunmi he has stepbrother. It has been a long time since the last time he met with him. He thinks it was not necessary to tell that he has stepbrother. He thinks she would never meet him anyway because his stepbrother and the family lived far away from Seoul. Moreover, he had no intention to tell her about his family, because he wanted to build his new life in Korea.

However, things turned unexpectedly, so now Kai have to explain everything to Eunmi. Kai leaned his body to one of the gazebo pillars and decided to tell her everything. After all, she is going to figure it out anytime.

"Well I guess I have to tell you now everything about my family, Eunmi." She nodded agree. She needs to know how Kai have a step brother that soon to be her fiancée.

He took a deep breath and started telling her.

"You know Eunmi, when I was twelve and we were separated for four years, my mom remarried to a successful businessman Huang Zi Sheng and she followed him live in China after her and Dad divorce. Mom brings me along with her. Huang Zi Sheng had a son that happened to be Huang Zi Tao from his ex-wife. He is a year older than I am. I tried to get along with Tao hyung, but he was a type of quiet and talk-less boy, very introvert. Baba told me he always like that to stranger. After time goes by we lived together, he started opening his heart and accept to have a brother like me. When some punks were bullying me in school, hyung came and defended me. He beat them. When I have a hard time speaking mandarin, he taught me. Hyung is an amazing person. He might look like not friendly by his appearance but he is a good hyung to me. He's a boy with so many achievements and talent. He won many gold medals in Wushu championship. He always got in the top three at school. But when he's seventeen Baba sent him to study abroad in US. I never meet him again ever since." He paused, looking at Eunmi while recall his memories with his stepbrother. Eunmi imagined what kind of person Tao was while listened carefully to Kai's description about him.