volume 1 cover, summary, characters, Prologue

Summary

Join Remi and Edward as they adventure through the Diora kingdom, fighting, training, and trying their best to make it out alive from the deadliest of monsters, corrupt knights, and the elusive Aris cult.

Characters

Remi Oyo:- The main character, a normal final year student who dies and has been transported to another world. However, his honest behavior almost gets him killed by the Aris cult, but his life is spared when he becomes the host of the wrath demon, a chaotic being that craves destruction, now cursed with the embodiment of wrath. Remi's personality is then made into one of a person with 24/7 anger issues.

Edward Anderson:- the 3rd son of a wealthy knight's family, but due to his lack of fighting prowess, he is disowned. Seeking a purpose, he stumbled upon Remi and the two sharpen each other's ambition to rise to the top.

Who will side with this pair on their journey of life with an entire world of dangerous monsters and foes alike? Can they rely on others?

Things to know

Magic attacks are written in{bracket}

Skills are written in [bracket]

Thoughts are written in (bracket)

Titles/Levels/monsters/classes are written in *lv10*

Sound effects are 'boom'

This is written from a third/omnipotent point of view.

Prologue: War for naught

Blood, sweat, tears, and death...
That's all that was on the Battlefield of war, peace? No... This war brought no peace... On death, the death of more than a hundred thousand people... The moon was blood red as it filled the night sky with its crimson glow.

The casus belli that provoked this war was but a brown-skinned man dressed in black armor and bleeding heavily; his curly black hair was soaked in his blood. However, something stood out: he had two blue horns sticking out from his forehead. His eyes were light blue as well and his nails were blue claws.

He could not be called a normal human... No... He was a demon.
He stood upon the corpses of his enemies and friends alike.

"It's over now... I'm satisfied," the demon said, "I hope I've given you your fill of destruction as well... This will be the last time we're together after all,"
He was talking to himself.

Suddenly, another brown-skinned knight walked up to him and drew his sword; it was glowing intensely.

His hair was longer than the demon's and he wore a black cloak over his damaged bronze armor.

"Was this truly what you wanted? The countless deaths of innocents? Was this what we've been fighting for years? God will never forgive you for this!" The man cried.

The demon saw the pain in the man's eyes and smiled softly.

"God can hate me all he wants; I gave up on going back home long ago; I'll be going to hell after all this anyway...

To you... This war was for nothing... But it meant the whole world to me... I pity the next one after me... They'll hate him for what I did... But it was needed.

David, heed my warning, you deem them innocent, but the inhabitants of this world are more dangerous than the demons themselves... Their sins are beyond us,"

The man, now known as David, took his sword and stabbed the demon in the chest; he swung it to the right, cleaving him in half and destroying two blue orbs in his chest... However, only one was destroyed, the other was cracked and rolled away down the hill made of countless bodies.

David stared at the demon as his horns disappeared and his eyes returned to their natural brown color.

David stared down the hill, seeing some survivors cheer for him after slaying the demon.

The young man on the other was in tears.
"How long... How long do I have to be here until I go home to her?! Tell me Olorun!" David falls to his knees.

He got no answer...

Nothing changed...

Nothing...