Chapter 1 - Bokuto

I walked to the entrance of my house. The cool winter air soothed my face, relieving all stress that had been built up at school. I sighed, hoping that today would be the day that I could come home to a peaceful house.

I pushed down on the door handle and stepped into the living room.

All was quite. My hopes lifted. But then...

CRASH!!

A glass shattered on the smooth, wooden floor. Screaming was soon heard after.

To be honest, I felt like screaming too. This has been going on for years.

Everyday I would arrive home from school to a madhouse.

Ever since my mum re-married, things had been going down hill.

Normally, I would get home and go straight up to my bedroom to try to block out the sounds. However, today, before I could reach the stairs, my step-father came storming out of the kitchen.

His eyes locked onto me, walking angrily towards where I stood. I was scared. I'd never seen my father so furious before.

I slowly backed up, my fear reflecting in his eyes. Before I could walk away, my father lifted up his hand and tightened it into a fist.

I covered my face, cowering in fear. And then, I was on the floor. Balled up; crying. My father hitting me repeatedly.

~~~~~~~~ a week later

I had joined the volleyball club at my school, hoping I could focus on that before I went home, knowing that I was going to be beat. It helped a bit, but I wasn't close with my team.

I had lots of experience from my old school, so I was pretty good.

We were setting up for practice, when a new face appeared at the gym door. My jaw dropped.

In front of me, stood a boy with the silkiest, black hair and the most intelligent looking eyes ever. Even better, his face was extremely handsome, his skin so smooth.

It wasn't until now, I realised that he was staring directly at me.

"You okay?" He asked me.

I panicked. "Oh! Yeah! I just think that you look so - I mean, your shoes are so cool!" I replied, dropping my eyes down to the tattered, old, black sneakers.

"Umm... thanks, I guess." He said, clearly confused.

I mentally face palmed as he walked past me, brushing my shoulder with his as he did.

Even his shoulders are perfect.

Not now Bokuto! Get it together!

School was going to get a lot better now that I know this guy exists.

I ran to catch up with him.

"So, err, whats your name?" I asked.

"Akaashi. Keiji Akaashi."

I smiled.

"Can I call you Akaashi-kun?"

"No."

"Keiji-kun?"

"No."

"Mah boi Akaashi?"

"No. Just Akaashi!" He finished with.

"Great!" I think that went smoothly.

"You wanna-" I started, wondering if he would want to hang out after practice.

"No!" Akaashi said, and hurried away.

Dang! I thought I had him there. Oh well! I'll try again tomorrow.

Watch out Volleyball! You just got a new player, an' he's smokin' hot, I thought as a grin formed on my face.

Hope you liked the first chapter!

To be continued...