Chapter 14 - Bokuto

Hello! I just have a quick question. I think I know where/how this story is going to end. I have a feeling that many of you may not like the end as it is quite cheesy and a little cliché. So, I am wondering if you would like to put an idea of how you would like this to end in the comments. If I get any that I like better than the one that I have come up with, I may use that. However, this may include having to change this chapter as it kind of sets it up a little for my ending. Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter ~ Author-sama.

I walked out of the police station slowly. They had asked me some questions about why he had done what he did. I handed them the letter and left. I didn't want to deal with these questions. Surprisingly, the officers didn't stop me.

I had been told that I was allowed to live in the house by myself. No need for anyone to look after me.

I didn't feel like going back home. I thought about what I should do and settled on texting Akaashi to see if I could come round.

~~On phone~~

Bokuto: Hey baby, is it okay if I come round? -18:56 pm

I waited. He probably wouldn't answer for a while. I continued to walk until I reached a small, empty park. I decided to sit and wait for Akaashi to reply.

~~On phone~~

Akaashi: Yeah I guess. Just come round to my window and climb in. I actually have something to tell you. - 19:30 pm

I smiled. I wonder what he needs to tell me. I hope its something good.

I was half-way to Akaashi's house. I looked up as I walked. Grey clouds covered the night sky. I guess it's going to be stormy tonight.

Once I had reached Akaashi's house, I made my way around to his window, climbed up the drain pipe and knocked on his window.

Akaashi was sat on his bed, staring at the wall. He turned his head towards me and I could immediately tell he had been crying.

He opened the window and gave me a small smile. I clambered in as fast as I could and hugged him tightly. We sat down on his bed, holding hands.

"So, what did you want to tell me? I think I can tell by your tear-stained cheeks that it's not good." I asked.

He nodded his head slightly. "I'm sorry Bokuto! I don't know what to do." He said, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

I grasped his hand even tighter. "It's okay... you can take all the time you need. Here..." I moved so I was sat cross-legged on his bed. He did the same. "Why don't you let me go first?"

He nodded again.

I breathed heavily. "So, when I got home earlier. I was prepared for my father. But when I got in... he um... was dead." I said.

Akaashi stared at me in shock but didn't ask me any questions. I was glad he didn't.

"It's fine. I don't really feel sad about it."

We sat in silence for a while.

"Okay. I'm ready to tell you now." Akaashi said.

I stared at him, waiting patiently.

"I-I have to get married... to my ex best friend." As soon as he finished his last word, he broke down into tears again.

I laid him down, his head resting in my lap, his sobs becoming quiet as he tried to conceal them. I stroked his hair softly.

After a minute, he looked up at me. "Y-Your not mad?" he asked.

I was confused. "No of course not. There is no reason to be. It's not your fault and I know we will figure out a way to solve this."

Relief spread across his face and he laid back on my lap.

I sighed. I had faith we would be able to fix this, but it was going to be hard.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. It was very risky and I need to make sure Akaashi is okay with it.

I bent my head down and whispered my plan into Akaashi's ear. He looked surprised but then smiled and nodded.

I grinned. This is gonna be one hell of a wedding.

Sorry, this chapter is short and bad. I have been having trouble coming up with what to write and anything that I do write sounds really bad. I hope you enjoyed none the less and don't forget to suggest ideas about how I should end this story. - Author~sama.