Chapter 5 - Bokuto

At school: Japanese Lesson

Talking with Akaashi had taken a slight weight off my shoulders. Even though I hardly know the guy, the thought of having someone by your side is soothing.

Staying at his house was nice.

It was strange to find that he lived by himself but I didn't question it. His parents may have been on holiday.

It was a reasonably sized house with a cosy living room. His bedroom consisted of a small desk and a futon in the corner.

We didn't really do anything however, I did insist on watching a movie. We had a small debate on what to watch and finally settled on Jurassic Park (I don't know, it was the first movie that popped into my head).

Even though we both quite liked the film, we fell asleep in a rather awkward position fairly quickly. I don't think either of us minded though.

I really enjoyed it. 

But now, I'm stuck in a Japanese lesson that is boring the shit out of me.

I looked at the clock behind me. 11:50 am. Yes! 5 minutes until lunch. That means I can see Akaashi. 

Time skip 5 mins (Brought to you by the storm currently outside as I'm writing this)

As soon as the bell sounded signalling the start of lunch, I sprinted towards the art corridor.

I slowed down as I reached Akaashi's classroom and hid as students filed out of the door.

The moment I saw Akaashi's hair I leapt onto his back. He stumbled under my weight but managed to heave me off. 

During the time we spent together, we had grown a lot closer as learnt a lot about each other. For example, I learnt that his favourite flavour of ice cream is mint choc chip.

After getting up from where 'Kaashi had pushed me off him, I suggested we should go get some yakisoba bread.

He nodded and we made our way to the cafeteria.

Outside

Once we had our food, we sat outside on a bench.

For most of the time we spoke about volleyball tactics, but we occasionally veered off to other subjects.

Silence engulfed us quickly though, as it normally does halfway through our conversations, and the only sound was the chewing of bread.

I felt as if someone was staring holes into the side of my head so I turned to look back at Akaashi.

He was staring directly into my eyes. Suddenly, he looked down at my mouth. He raised his hand and wiped a bit of soba off my cheek.

I felt my entire face heat up and we both turned away from each other, embarrassed.

A warm bubbly feeling rose inside my chest. I had never felt before. As it was unfamiliar to me, it was making me extremely nervous.

To be continued...