Chapter 3

(WARNING : Beware Of Grammatical Errors!)

APOLLO

I don't know how many times I would run away from my bloody past. But wherever I go, they just keep following me and after so many years they have managed to catch up with me. The bad guys had found us. Again.

Me and my auntie didn't lose another precious second as we began to run. Even I felt the severe pain in my entire body. I tried my best to run fast as I could.

What if there's a spooky music in the background, maybe we were in the horror movie.

Why? Because we being chase by death. Death of my bloody past and I don't want the two of us to be part of the tragedy, another traumatic incident that might put our lives into history.

Talk about life and death situation.

The street was damn too quiet. Only our footsteps made a light noise. I saw broken lampshades. Their brightness goes on and off like christmas lights. The cold air gave us waves of adrenaline that made our heart beats accelerate fast. 

I wouldn't want to end our lives in this road and I don't wish to let go the hand of my aunt either.

She was my last beacon of light. I needed her by my side until the end of time, somebody who could see the hope inside of my heart and somebody who truly believes that I could conquer the fear of the dark. If she hadn't been with me, my life wouldn't have had a bright destination and maybe I would have just been another broken soul lost in the paths of nowhere.

Lastly, I don't wouldn't let anyone take away my happiness.

My thoughts melted like a butter instantly, when we heard a gunshot behind us. We didn't stop running and I didn't dare look behind on my shoulder since danger was still lurking and threatened to take hold of us.

Tears trickled down from our eyes, all the way we sobbed nonstop.

Aunt Jonah gently tapped my shoulder and she pointed her forefinger towards on the other side of the street. I followed her gaze as my curious eyes landed to a black car. A sign of relief plastered on my face.

We finally found our temporary sanctuary.

I felt the slight touch of my auntie's hand on mine, and then, she quickly dragged me towards the black car. We both hide and leaned our backs behind it and took cover.

My auntie place a finger on her lips silencing me from making any further noise as the bad guys who had been pursuing us, were slowly gaining and getting nearer to our hideout.

Deep voices filled the quiet streets. I could also hear the sound of quick footsteps farther away from me and, I slowly stood up and did a double take on the scene before me through the windshield of the black car.

In the middle of the street, I saw a groups of men, who were all muscular and wore black regalia. I couldn't see their faces in particular because of the fogginess of the car's hind view mirror.

I was startled in surprise when they mentioned my freaking name.

"Any sign of that young man named Apollo?" The man who held a scythe said.

"No sir, also no trace of his aunt too, they hid cleverly," The one who wore glasses replied.

"Maybe they found a way back to the light kingdom!" The other one gasped.

"That's absurd. I saw them minutes ago. We almost had a trace that leads to them. But they are to slippery to deal with," the black guy who held the gun had chimed in the conversation.