The Killer

*Connor's POV*

"You have any idea what I've been through? I spent the last two days chained up by an original vampire" I said to professor Shane.

"So you met Klaus? I only know him by reputation apparently he's a real monster"

"He's a vampire/werewolf hybrid. Do you know how hard it is to kill them?" I hissed.

"From what I gather, you have to remove their head, or their heart. That is, according to lore. I'm just speculating" he says

"I had to figure out how to do it on my own. I could have used some of this occult professor knowledge of yours. But then again, you've always been slow when it comes to providing answers" I said

"We had a deal. I'll give you answers about the hunters mark when it's grown completion" he says.

"In other words, kill as many vampires as possible"

"If anybody gets in my way!--anybody--they're dead"

"Just do what you gotta do" he said and I walked out.

*Stefan POV*

I was writing in my diary until my phone buzzed.

We have a problem -Klaus

I called Klaus. "How the hell did Connor escape?" I asked.

"I blame mind numbing incompetence, but pointing fingers isn't going to help me. You're going to help me" he said.

"Well, he could be anywhere now" I sighed.

"Think Stefan. He took the hybrid's head, which means he wants werewolf toxin" he exclaimed.

"Which means he plans to stay in Mystic Falls to kill vampires" I said getting worried.

"Which is a pity. Me being on the other side of the world digging up a dead hunter, you'll have no access to my blood" he says. "And therefore the antidote. Nevertheless, his tattoo is our only map to the cure, so your task is quite simple. Find him, catch him, and above all keep him alive" he added.

"Damon and Amelia been looking everywhere for him. If they cross paths...

"You need to keep Damon in check" he interrupted.

"It would be a lot easier if I could just tell him the truth" I said.

"You trust Damon with the cure?"I imagine him he prefers Elena the way she is" he says.

"Nice try, Klaus, but I trust Damon a hell of a lot more than you" I said.

"The more who find out about the cure, the more will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less"

"You mark my words-- tell one soul and I will throw the hunter's sword in the Mediterranean and we can end this quest right now. Am I understood?" he said and I hung up.

*Damon POV*

I barged into Elena's room looking for Stefan.

"Oh. Excuse me. What are you doing?" She said.