Hidden

Henry walked fast, keeping his head down, his cap pressed firmly on his head. He couldn't stay, but he couldn't leave either. This place was driving him nuts. Well, not this place, exactly, more like his situation. He wasn't going to be anyone's prisoner. Not his, not Alice's... Henry felt a tinge of guilt. Alice wasn't evil. She was only worried about him; wanted to protect him. Henry feared it may destroy her, or at the vary least the life she's built. He couldn't take away this life from so many people. Henry paused at the entrance of the cavern, glancing back one more time at the life that could never be his. He caught Dot's eyes, standing close to Buddy. She was holding his hand, and they were both running towards him. Her eyes burned into him. Accusing. Pleading. Henry turned and entered the cartoon halls once again.

Henry made his way down the hallways, keeping low to the ground and stepping quietly. He wasn't out of the Angel's domain yet, and didn't want to meet any on his way out. Guilt wormed into Henry's chest, thinking of Alice coming back to find him gone. I'm sorry. Henry had to protect them, somehow, he'd have to survive alone. Any second, the Demon could show up. The further he got from the cavern, the larger the chance. The thought terrified him. But he kept going. He needed some way to hide. He ducked into an empty room and studied his hands. The image of the Demon creating the chains out of ink flashed in Henry's mind, making him shudder. But if the Demon could do it... Why not Henry? Henry felt like laughing, the idea was so absurd. What were the chances that the Ink Demon would give Henry that particular power? But, well, both of their forms were connected to their emotions. And besides, Henry was an animator. The world was ink. What was this place, but a giant canvas? Ha. Henry was sure it wouldn't work, but he held out his hand. A tugging in his gut, and he studied the ink patterns all around him, the ones he sees constantly. He pulled on the feeling, beckoning, and the ink obeyed. Henry watched, awestruck, as the ink followed his hand movements, waiting for his orders. Something to hide me from Bendy. Henry thought. The ink obeyed, becoming longer and shimmering into a new, smaller, round shape. It became heavy in Henry's hand, and then the ink faded into this new item. It was a hat. A baseball cap, yellow and black, with ink designs on the brim. Henry studied it, feeling confused. A new hat? How was that supposed to hide him from the Ink Demon? Henry took off his old hat, and stuck the new one on his head. He didn't feel any different. Brushing it off, Henry stuck his head out the door and froze. It was Jacob. And he was looking right at Henry.

Henry stood, frozen, as Jacob gazed at him. The Angel hadn't moved, his expression was the same, worried, he hadn't acknowledged Henry at all. Beside him stood Dot and Buddy, who was crying inky tears. "I didn't mean to upset him." He said between sobs, "Did I say something wrong?" Dot shook her head at him. "No Buddy." She muttered, her hand on his shoulder. "He seemed pretty distracted when we found him. You didn't have anything to do with it." She fixed a glare on Jacob. "You know something." She accused. "Why is Henry acting like this? This is nothing like the Henry I've heard about." Jacob shook his head. "The guys been through a lot." He protested. "When we first found him, he was hiding from the Ink Demon and had the indentation of chains on his ankles. And he was just being tortured by it only a few days ago! Give the guy a break!" Dot grew silent. Then, "But why would he run? It doesn't make sense. This is the only place that's safe from Bendy." Buddy sniffled, then, "But the Demon has been attacking the compound, right? I saw the precautions, heard people talking about it. Is it possible he thinks it may be his fault?" Both of them were silent. Then, "I may not have known him for that long." It was Jacob. "But that sounds like the incredibly noble and stupid thing he'd think." Buddy let out a small laugh, his voice still choked. Henry was both touched and offended by the comment. "Come on guys." It was Dot. "We'll find him." Jacob nodded. "I hope so. Alice was very upset when she heard he was gone." The three of them moved away, oblivious to Henry, standing in the doorway. That was... odd. Henry slipped back into the room and took off the cap. He stared at it for a long moment. He'd wanted a way to hide. Was this... the answer? A cap that renders him invisible? Henry felt a tinge of excitement. He still wasn't sure if it would work against the Demon, but at least he had a way to hide from Searchers or anything else that may want to harm him. Henry stuck the cap back on and left the hallway again.