Chapter 3

Erza's Pov

Erza felt it just as strongly as Natsu and Lucy, but she had chosen to ignore them. The reason why was unclear to even her. And now look where they were, stuck in a trap. She could feel the familiar pressure in her chest accompanied by seal stone encasing her, the room was lined with it. The room she fell into was irregularly small and there was a rectangular device on the wall that had caught her attention when the lights returned. Once she got a closer look she noticed that it wanted her to choose something.

Pick One

*White

*Ling Chi

*Witness

*Hallucinate

*Spatiotemporal

Erza knew what these meant but didn't know what they had to do with each other. Ling Chi, it caught her eye. That was a torture technique, did that mean...? Erza now knew that her jailer was letting them pick what type of torture they would endure. How sick. She knew that he wouldn't just play with them and let 'em go when he was done. They were meeting inevitable death if they didn't escape.

Ling Chi was physically and mentally painful, a very slow hellish way to die, Erza didn't know how the rest worked but Ling Chi was more widely known than the rest. Probably for its brutality, she didn't want that fate to befall her friends, she needed to be strong. She'd already endured plenty of similar torture in the past, she could endure. Erza suspected it was touch-sensitive so she tapped Ling Chi, but it disappeared just before her finger touched the screen. Erza's eyes widened, one of her comrades had just sealed their fate because she was too slow.

Erza punched the wall, shoot! Now what mattered was that she picked the next-worse one. If they witnessed something they'd live on with PTSD or something. People can heal from that it's not too bad, right? White disappeared, she had to hurry. But all she could think about was who had picked the Ling Chi. 

Without thinking she tapped Hallucinate, was that one bad enough? Or did she just pick the most sparing one on accident? Erza decided that she'd live with it, more accurately die with it.

Juvia's POV

Juvia stood in front of the pad on the wall. The second one had disappeared about a minute ago. Her choices for whatever this was were strange and seemingly unrelated to each other. Juvia felt strangely rushed to pick one, so she just tapped White, 100% oblivious to what it meant. She had a bad feeling. If this whole job had been a trap, then what was this? Her stomach churned, and that sick feeling in her throat paid her a visit.

Was Gray okay? Was she missing something? She felt so dumb and clueless like she should know something, but she didn't know anything. The thing that she really wanted to know wouldn't be answered. What was this man going to do with them?

Lucy's POV

Lucy stared at the strange screen, what did all these mean? The first to disappear was Ling Chi. Lucy wasn't sure but she suspected that they all may be in similar confinements as her. Small room, completely unnotified of what was going to happen to them, and a small confusing screen. And if they were in similar rooms with similar pads then that meant that they were choosing whatever these were, and maybe that's why they were disappearing?

If they were in some creepy guys' house then what was this place? There were 4 choices left, and Lucy didn't know why but she didn't want to be last pick. She tapped Witness, not that she had the foggiest of what it meant or what she was witnessing it just sounded better than Spatio-temporal. The word disappeared under her fingertip, something told her that she was oblivious to what she had just signed up for.

Gray's POV

Gray didn't want to pick anything, why would he listen to some old-farts screen? Although after standing in front of it and watching random words disappear he was left with spatiotemporal. It sounded pretty claustrophobic to him, but he was left with no choice but to tap the word. The screen went completely black for a few seconds, but then some trashy pixel animation came up. A little stick guy was in between two walls, and the two walls came together and squished him. Gray raised a brow and crossed his arms, that's messed up.

A/N Lol fsr I'd like to think of Dr. Psycho as me torturing all of them (Lol if that's not weird XD)  Scary/Romance is my reading category with extra gore and graphics.