Chapter 4

I woke up in the evening on the same day from my nap. I was still wearing makeup and it had smeared under my eyes so I decided to take it off.

I go into my bathroom and take my makeup off, wash my face, and put some lotion on that smells like peppermint, my favorite.

I then decide to call it an early day and change into some sweatpants, and one of my other friend from Washington's sweatshirt, her name was Lily. I keep my hair in a bun and walk downstairs. When I get down there I see my mom watching TV on the couch. I join her and we are watching The Middle. I go onto my phone and start to scroll through Instagram when I hear a knock on the door. I get up, still on my phone and answer it.

I open the door and before me stands a sorta tall guy with tan skin, dark brown hair flipped to one side, and piercing blue eyes. My cheeks burn in an instant.
"Hi, can I help you..?" I ask in a small voice. "Hi, uh.." He trails off and is just looking at me. Oh shit. I probably look like a dyke. In a second, he snaps back to reality and says, "hi, I'm Hayes. Hayes Grier. I live next door and my mom Elizabeth wanted me to bring these over, as a 'Welcome to the Neighborhood' type thing.." He holds out a plate of cookies.

I take the cookies from him. "Tell her we said thank you, and I'm Isabelle." I say with a smile. He does this half smile type thing and says, "Well, I'll see you around!" I smile and nod and then close the door.

I bring my mom the plate of cookies and tell her that the neighbors have these to us. She takes one and so do I. I put the plate on the counter then watch some more TV.