Chapter 6

I wake up to my alarm. It's my first day at my new school, and I'm scared to meet new people here. I get ready by putting on another of my many pairs of black leggings. I also add a cute white shirt with black crosses on it from Forever 21. I also enhanced the look with a pandora bracelet and necklace and some grey knitted boots with a button on them.

I plugged in my hair straightener and straightened my longish gold hair till it was flat. I pinned back a front piece from each side in the back with a light pink lace bow from icing and began to work on my makeup. Just the usual, as always.

As soon as I was finished i grabbed my backpack and went downstairs. I made myself some cereal and ousted a glass of orange juice, and ate. Then I went back upstairs, brushed my teeth, and then down and outside into the car where my mom waited for me.

"Ready for your first day, kiddo?" She said with a laugh. I laughed nervously back, "I guess I have to be." We pull up to the school and my mom lets me out. I walk up to the school and enter. Then I check my schedule and try to find my first class. I manage to find it and survive not getting trampled by all the taller kids.

The bell rings and I sit down in a random seat.

Everyone swarms in the room and I hear somebody while I feel that same person poke me. "Hey!" Have I heard that voice before? I turn around and look up. Its Hayes! From nextdoor.

As I'm thinking this, he speaks again. "Hey, you're in my spot. And aren't you Isabelle?" I stutter, "o-oh shit I'm sorry I didn't know you sat here. And yeah, I go here now."

He nods and smiles a little, I don't know why. I stand up and let him have his spot back.

The teacher calls me up front then and introduces me to the class, then gives me an assigned seat up front, right by Hayes, (awkward) and another guy with longer brown hair that was flipped to one side.

Before I knew it, class ended and I went to math. I found that class and repeated the same process. Hayes wasn't in that class, so I had nobody I knew. Then I was seated next to a girl with long light brown hair and hazel eyes, with freckles racing across her face, just like mine. She smiled when I sat down and said, "Hey, I'm Halle."

I said smiling back, "I'm Isabelle."

**3 hours later**

So it was my last period of the day, English. Turns out I have all but one class with Hayes (math) and 2 classes with Halle. Finally the bell rings and it's time to go home.

I'm struggling to open my locker when a I feel a hand on my ass. I spin around immediately to see a group of jocks walking away, laughing. What assholes. If anybody did anything like that to me at my old school, they wouldn't get three feet without being punched in the face.

I opened my locker and grabbed my backpack and exited the school. I found my bus, which was route 6. I climbed on and found an empty seat along all of the other people. No body I knew.

Then, right as the bus started to close its doors, a familiar face runs in, Hayes.

He searched the crowd of talking kids and then spotted me. He came over and sat down. "Hey" I said. His cheeks flushed. "Hi Isabelle. Whatcha doin after school?" I paused. Does he wanna hangout? "Probably nothing. Maybe I'm unpacking alittle more but not much." He smiles alittle. "Well, maybe if you're not busy then I can show you the perks of living in this town?" I giggle. "Alright, sounds good." I reply. We exchange snapchats and numbers and then it's our stop.

We walk to our separate houses and then I open my door and go inside. Maybe it's gonna be fun living here.