Chapter 4- Stranger

They gently opened the wooden door. The creaking sounds made it seem creepy. The house was, dim and quiet. There were a huge amount of medieval paintings, animals, people and objects. All of it was very old. "This gives me the chills.." France remarked, "Who even lives here?" "Could be anyone" UK replied, in a quiet way, "It looks like it's abandoned?" A hooded figure came out of the shadows. "What are you doing here?.." the unkown voice was deep and cold. It sounded like  if someone just survived a concentration camp. "Show yourself!" UK demanded. France was crowding behind him, trembling. "I am the Spanish Empire." He announced in a emotionless sound, "Just call me Spain." He stepped out of the shadows. He was wearing a dark hood, covering his face. France tried to peek at his face, and saw a giant, red cross with a white background. Spain looked about their age, just a little taller. "Is this your house?" France asked politely, stepping in front of UK. "No, this is my father's house. He died by getting shot in a war." Spain sighed. He scolded at the floor, hoping to change the subject. "Oh, I see" France apologized for asking that question but, Spain just told her, to 'brush it off'. (Jesus fuck, Spain where'd you get that line?) He gave them both a tour around his 'house' , which UK and France both thought was really haunted. But there was one room, locked shut. "This is a room, that my dad never showed me," Spain announced, "It's always locked like that." The door had a tiny hole, so they can peek through it a little. "I always wondered what was inside this door. But I never knew." He had a bit of disappointment in his voice while he was saying that, "It's getting late now, I'll show you the room you're sleeping in." He hurried up the crooked stairs as the others followed him, eyeing the house.

                                                                                 UK's P.O.V

   I was hurrying up the stairs. There were holes everywhere, but atleast the bedroom looked nice. It had a wool carpet on the ground, some glowing lanterns, hanging above the ceiling, and a quite neat bathroom. But to say the least, it looked pretty good. We were asked to sleep on the straw bed and we kindly accepted. I lay my school bag down as a pillow, since there was no pillow. (UK , how'd you get that??) I slept beside France. She was also using the same technique as me. Spain walked out, dimming the lights, in the process. I said goodnight wearily to France, and fell fast asleep.