Chapter 4 - Chocolate Chip Emergency

For when you are out of Chocolate Chip Cookies...

"So which was the last one you saw?" asked Ned as he stepped into Peter and his dorm room's designated kitchen – which was basically a fridge and a shelf on the wall – and opened a packet of pre-made popcorn.

"The first," replied Michelle from their little couch, where she'd just settled down with her backpack at her legs.

"So, you watched the first episode, and then just stopped there?" asked Peter from her right, where he was sitting with wide-open eyes.

"Yapp," she responded, and when she realized that they didn't say anything, and looked up to see their surprised faces, she added: "I told you, I was gonna watch the rest. Eventually."

"This is The Mandalorian," said Ned on a low voice, like if he was saying something very deep, and meaningful. He sat down on his chair since there was no more space for him on the couch, and passed the popcorn bowl to Michelle. "You can't just watch the first one and then not watch the rest."

"He's right," agreed Peter, biting down a couple of popcorns.

"Nerds..." she said, shooking her head in disbelief.

Peter actually started to like the names she called them. Losers, nerds... He thought it was her way to show that she actually liked them. Like nicknames, or pet names. Okay, Peter, you are getting ahead of yourself again.

It would have been a lie to say, he didn't start to have daydreams about Michelle, and about what could it be like to get together with her. He had the last one just before she arrived, while he was doing his hair in the bathroom.

Yeah, he was doing his hair. Go on, judge him! Usually, he didn't even pay any attention to it because he just hadn't had the time, so it was inevitable to one day make it up for all those lost occasions anyway. And apparently this was that day. He spent about twenty minutes in front of the mirror before Ned finally had enough, and kicked him out so he could use the bathroom. In the end, Peter just ran his fingers through his hair, the same way he always did and hoped for the best. Of course, this whole thing was never actually about his hair, but rather having something to distract his thoughts with, because, yeah. He was nervous. And excited. And worried and maybe also frightened a little bit.

He so desperately wanted this thing to work out. Which was ridiculous, it was just a movie night, but still, it was also much more than that.

He just couldn't get ahold of himself. He liked Michelle, there was no doubt about that. And he also knew that he was a dumbass because he barely know her. But also, it felt like he had known her for much longer, the same way he felt about Ned just a couple days after they met each other.

The whole thing was complicated, exciting, and his thoughts were chasing themselves, and so paying attention to his hair and to picking a shirt for the night (he chose the "Find x"-one) was a good way to calm down. Or at least it could have been if his damn locks weren't so annoying...

Another good way to distract his thoughts and something he just generally liked to do was to reread his and Michelle's texts. It wasn't a long read, he only got her number a couple of hours earlier after all, but just being able to scroll through his and Michelle's texts was amazing on its own:

Me: Hey, Im Peter

Me: Parker

Me: Just writing if you are down for tonight

Michelle: Yeah, I think I can manage it

Me: Great! Our room is at E building, door 327