diez

PHONE CALLS AND GUYS

.

"I'll pick you up at nine at your apartment, ok?" Jihun reminded Haneul before he went away along Namkyu, who waked goodbye at her.

Jesus Christ, help me tonight, she thought as she drove back to her apartment. She stopped at the restaurant few blocks before her home and bought her lunch. She ate while watching King of Masked Singer on her couch, not bothering to even look for plates to serve the food from the plastic container.

She wandered around the channels after the episode finished and turned it off when she didn't find anything interesting. She placed the trash and leftover on the bag where she had brought them and laid down on the couch with her phone at hand. Instead of going to Instagram or Twitter, she decided to just go to YouTube and watch performances from groups currently promoting.

After a few videos she felt sleepy, probably from being completely bored, and soon drifted to sleep.

.

Something started vibrating on her stomach, which scared the hell out of her.

"Mm, hello?"

"Were you sleeping? I'm sorry, Han."

As soon as she recognized the voice, she fell down the couch. Quickly she sat down, eyes wide opened and her whole body shaking from excitement. "Joshua."

"I'm sorry, maybe I should've called later-" He apologized.

"No, no it's alright." She assured him, still shocked at hearing his voice. "I was awakening, actually, I just got scared." She cringed at her stupid lie, hoping he would buy it. "So, how've you been on Japan?"

"It's been great! We've had some shows here and some interviews, but it's been amazing. And we're going to film something for the next week, so none of us are going to be able to contact for a while."

"None of you had until today, actually." She chuckled and got up. "I have only talked to Areum twice since you left, and I talked shortly with Soonyoung when you were on a rehearsal break. I barely know how you're all doing."

"I'm sorry, we've all been busy." He apologized, softening his voice. "We barely get time to eat and sleep. But we're doing well, so there's nothing to worry about."

"I'll get worried anyway, whether you call or not." She mumbled while blushing.

He chuckled softly, "Yeah, I know. But how have you been?"

"Good. I finished a painting two nights ago, and I've done the half of the one I told you the last time we spoke, so you could say I've had quite a productive week."

"Sounds like you've been having fun without us, huh?" He teased, pretending to be hurt.

"Well, since none of you have been roaming around wanting to go everywhere and making me go along, yeah, I've got time to finish some stuff." She chuckled and threw herself to the couch at the sound of the boy's laughter.

"While I'm here missing you, you're glad we're not-"

"Wait, you're missing me?" She repeated, widening her eyes.

Joshua must've realized what he said, because he kept silent for some seconds before quietly mumbling, "Yes, maybe I have."

Haneul covered her mouth from squealing and breathed deeply. She couldn't stop smiling when she spoke. "Maybe?"

"Yeah, maybe." He chuckled nervously. "Haven't you missed me?"

"I've missed all of you." She teased, knowing the answer he wanted.