quince

REUNITED

.

Haneul yawned, rolled to her side and stretched her toes before finally opening her eyes. She sighed tiredly, staring at her bedroom's wall before being conscious of what day it was. She whined and rolled to the corner, snuggling into her blanket, not wanting to get up. However her wishes were crushed when the alarm went off, blasting a loud western song she didn't even liked in the first place.

She turned over the phone and sloppily slid the thumb across the screen, turning the alarm off. She sighed again, deciding to get up before it was too late, and removed the covers slowly.

It was finally Friday, which meant the boys and Areum were coming back. Also Eunhye, but Haneul wasn't precisely eager to see her. She wanted to see her best friend more than anything, but she wanted to sleep as well.

Lazily and slowly, she walked up to her bathroom and took a quick shower, thinking about what to wear. Based on the clouds she saw through her window once she got out of the shower, it would be a chilly day, so she grabbed a white turtle-neck shirt along some dark jeans and the black coat Vernon had lend her a while ago, not knowing if she wanted to return it. Perhaps she'd blackmail him with one of her paintings. She slid on her black low-cut boots and went out to make breakfast.

Haneul decided to just play safe and made herself a sandwich with a glass of orange juice Namkyu left prepared the day before on the fridge. She sat on the kitchen, eating while she listened to some music, moving her shoulders to the rhythm. Once she finished, she washed the plate and glass and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and apply a little bit of make-up. She already looked pale with her new hair color, so she needed to give her face a little bit of life.

Just as she finished, the music blasting from her phone went off, meaning she had an un-coming call. When she picked it up, she tried not to scream.

"Hello?"

"Hey," he spoke, as softly as ever. "It's been a while since I last called you."

"It sure has," she smiled looking at her boots after she sat on the bed. "I finished two big paintings in the meantime, so you can say it was quite the time."

"I'm so sorry, Haneul."

Oh, how she missed hearing her name from his lips.

"Oh, don't be. I didn't called either so we both have fault on it."

"Well, yeah, but still. I'm sorry," Joshua insisted, which melted her heart.

"It's alright, Joshua," she smiled and silently squealed. If she was reacting that way with just his voice, she didn't want to know how she'd be when she finally saw him. Probably fall onto the ground or something extremely clumsy, because Haneul was the clumsiest person when nervous.

"By the way, did you found out who the mystery guy was?"

He groaned, making her laugh. "No, I had no clue. It was no use, since you weren't here with us. I couldn't see you nor your reactions, so it was a blind search."

"I knew it," she chuckled.

"But I have candidates, thought."

"Really? How many?"

"Like six," he whispered in defeat.

"Astonishing," she bluntly said before laughing. "Don't worry, one day you'll find out."