Jessie's Christmas Pageant

A/N- Jessie is five years old and is in school.  

It was Christmas time again and no one was more excited than Jessie, especially when it came to the Christmas pageant.  She always wanted to play the Holy Virgin Mary, but she never got her chance, but this year just might be her year. 

Jessie was at school when her teacher said "Okay everyone, it's time to settle down. As all of you know that our Christmas pageant is coming up and it's time to pick out the characters. So I have placed the characters in this hat. Everyone will come up, pick one out and you will tell me who you got, okay?" She said as each student came up and picked a name out.  When it was Jessie's turn, she became very nervous.  She went into the hat, and picked out two, for they were stuck together.  The teacher saw that she had Joseph, but switched it with Mary. "Who did you get, Jessie?" "I got Mary!" She cheered as the last boy student got Joseph.  "Alright, everyone.  Here are your lines. I want you to practice at home with your parents and or guardians. For we start practice on Monday. It's okay if you don't know the words at first, I will be there to help all of you. Also, there is a picture of your character on the back, so you may get an idea of the costumes. You may make your costumes but please stick to how your character looks. You can add glitter and sparkles, but just not too much." She said as the school bell rang.  "Okay, everyone. Have a wonderful weekend and if there are any questions, we can discuss them on Monday before we begin to practice." She said as all the students got ready and went outside.  "Jessie." Her daddy called to her, making her smile. "Daddy!" "Well, aren't we a happy lil clown today." "I am Daddy, for I got wonderful news to tell you." She said as Joker buckled her in.  "Well, how about you tell me all about it as we go to Pizza Hut for a lil treat?" He cooed as he hopped in the back seat and had Frost drive the car to Pizza Hut. 

"So what's this wonderful news you want to tell me, sweetie?" Joker asked. "Well... I'm going to be Mary in the Christmas pageant this year!" "That's wonderful news indeed. I think we need to celebrate tonight." Joker cooed and kissed his daughter's head.  Jessie practiced every day and night with her daddy. One night Joker was looking for her when he came into the living room, he saw her asleep on Loki. "My baby girl." He said as he picked her up and took her to her bedroom.  As he tucked her into the bed, he said "I know you'll be a great Mary, Jessie." He cooed as he kissed her goodnight.  (Time skip to the night of the Christmas pageant)

Frost was helping Jessie with her costume since she wanted to surprise her daddy with how beautiful she was going to look.  "Uncle Frosty? I'm scared. I-I can't do it."  "Jessie. You can do it. Remember it wasn't easy for Mary, but if you have faith like she did and I know you can do it. You worked very hard every day and night with your dad. We know you can do it." He told her.  "Now let's finish getting you ready." He said as he did her make-up.   "Okay, class. Get ready. Remember to have fun and don't be nervous, I'll be with you to help out with your lines." She said as Mary and Joseph took their places as the teacher began to read. "A long time ago, in the town of Nazareth, there was a man named Joseph and a woman named Mary.  They were going to a city called Bethlehem, for Mary was pregnant with the Son of God."   

When Jessie came out, Joker couldn't be happier and prouder of his little girl

When Jessie came out, Joker couldn't be happier and prouder of his little girl. He shed a tear, for he couldn't believe how beautiful and elegant she looked.  As Mary and Joseph reached the stable, Joseph helped Mary and laid her down on a haystack. "Don't worry Mary. I'm here for you and our son." Joseph said as he held Mary's hand. "Thank you, Joseph," Mary said as she fell asleep. Later that night in the stable, Mary and Joseph smiled as Mary swaddled her newborn son and laid him in a manager.  As the show came to an end, all the parents stood up and applauded their kids. 

Frost never saw Joker so happy, until Jessie entered his life

Frost never saw Joker so happy, until Jessie entered his life. "That's my girl!  I love you, Jessie!"  Joker yelled out as he applauded his young daughter. After the show ended, Jessie as well as the other kids went running towards their parents. "Daddy! Uncle Frosty!"  "Jessie! There's my special girl."  Joker cooed as he kissed her.   "Did I do good, Daddy?" "Good?  Baby girl, you were amazing.  And you looked beyond beautiful my little Mary." He cooed as he hugged her.  "Daddy?" "Yes, baby girl?" "Can we get food, please? I'm hungry."   "Of course we can baby. Anything for my lil clown." He cooed. "Come on Jessie. I'll help you get undressed." Frost said as Jessie and he went backstage to the dressing rooms to get Jessie out of her costume.  

Joker POV: "I couldn't be prouder of my little girl. She was the most wonderful gift that I could ever have gotten.  Ever since that cold night, I found her, she had made me a better man and a wonderful father. There's nothing I would trade my new life for. I love being a father to my Jessie and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for both of us."  (End of POV)  As Frost and Jessie returned, Joker picked her up and hugged her close. "I love you, my lil clown." "I love you more Daddy." "Alright, who's ready to go get some dinner?" Joker cooed at Jessie.  "Yay, food! " Jessie cheered as all of them went to the car to go to a family-style restaurant for dinner.  After a lovely dinner, Joker, Jessie, and Frost went home.  

Once they were back at home, Joker got Jessie ready for bed. "Daddy?" "Yes, princess?" "Can you sing to me, please?"  Joker couldn't dare say no to his little princess as she gave him the killer puppy-eye look. "Of course sweetie. What do you want to hear?" "My lullaby you used to sing to me when I was a baby." She said as she yawned. Joker sang softly as he tucked Jessie into her bed and made sure that she was warm enough. As he finished, Jessie was sound asleep. Joker got into her bed and cuddled her close to his chest. "Sweet dreams lil clown. I love you now and always. Goodnight Jessie." "(Yawns) Night daddy. I love you."