SURVIVING

"This is my goodbye 

To our good memories 
and bad ,

To our inside jokes and 
the ones we never quite got ,

And to all the what-ifs we had 
and all the plans we made ."

I saw nothing but brightness .  The smell of rosemary and ocean  was overwhelming and all I could hear was the sound of waves crashing onto the rocks . The bushes brushed my skin softly , and I saw him standing so far .. "Daddy ?" Holding his fire helmet with a hand , beckoning with another .. "Daddy !" I crawled straight towards him , but he was vanishing .. it started to get blurry and foggy , until I couldn't see my hero anymore .. The man I loved the most is now gone , my superman is gone , my protector is gone ; gone for good . 

I opened my eyes and it was all covered in snow , plus I was freezing to death  . And then it hit me , I was half naked. I got up and wandered in the middle of the forest , I walked away leaving all my sorrow behind me , leaving young , dumb Lillie Miller behind me . I let go . I gave up . Because I know , I'd be a fool if I keep holding on much more , and get damaged more and more . I know , a better destiny is waiting for me on the other side . 

I walked and I walked , with no end ahead of me .Goosebumps spread all over my skin , and my scars were hurting even more with the icy atmosphere . I saw a little creature hiding between the shrubs , I leaned forward and it started growling . Its cute blue eyes were shining with happiness , but it was intimidated and trembling with fear , hunger and cold . "Hey baby girl .." I moved my hand slowly towards it , eventually It came out , and jumped on my lap . 
 It was a tiny grey husky , probably new born . It was licking my scars and sniffing my bloody undershirt .