20. Right Here, Right Now

💚 I'm here with ANOTHER update because I'm so thankful for you... 🙏😘

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Lucy sat the telephone down onto the hook

Bringing her fingers to her forehead, she massaged stress out of her eyebrows as the December chill dressing the room provoked her need for Freddie's warmth.

She averted her eyes to the floor and counted pensive steps back to bed in reflection.

Easing into bed, Lucy drew in a deep breath. She shut her eyes and enfolded Freddie's body into her arms.

Freddie stirred at her return. He hugged her waist and snuggled his head into her chest, seeking and following her heartbeat.

"Mmmm.... Come here, dear... what's going on?" Freddie's drowsy voice rasped, clearing sleepiness from his throat. "What was that about?"

"Freddie, sweetheart..." Lucy began, tucking some of his long hair behind his ear. Looking down at him with a heaviness in her heart, she watched his eyes blink into awareness.

One arm hugged his back while her other arm hugged his head close to her chest, and her fingers played with his hair as she leaned down to kiss his forehead.

"That was Violet..." Lucy eluded.

"Oh, was it?" Coming to, he stirred and shifted his body a bit more. "How is she?"

"Freddie—it's just..." she hedged.

"Lucy..." he interrupted her hesitation.

"If it was Violet, I imagine it's important... hm? Tell me, Lucy. Please tell me... ok?"

Freddie's eyes bore up into hers and reflected moonlight that glowed through the curtains of the room. The soon to be incandescent sunlight began to crest and peek from the horizon.

Morning approached soon.

"You're my partner, too," Freddie savored a soft kiss to her lips to mask his nerves. "Tell me what's going on, dear... Tell me everything."

She breathed away any procrastination, affording none of their cherished time with each other to delays.

"Okay, Freddie," she agreed with a kiss to his temple.

"There is a dangerous organization obsessed with power. They will hurt anyone to obtain it."

Bracing himself to listen, he found sanctuary in her heartbeat.

"And right now, Freddie... They are very close to having extreme power. Far more technologically advanced than anyone else in the world possesses right now. They want to keep it all to themselves, and they would like to hurt many people with this power, too. If they get this power, they can hurt anyone and everyone if they choose. Does that make sense, baby?"