37. Daisuke

💚 do you remember how Daisuke first met Lucy? if not, see chapter 13... 👀📖

💚 thank you to the lovely raincreature for such breathtaking drawing of Daisuke that you will see as you read on... 😍

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Excelling in target practice, I see. You've yet to miss a bullseye with arrows or kunai. Well done."

Serving as the village's Chief of Police and the leader of the Asato clan, Daisuke's father Riku often reserved acknowledgments of Daisuke's achievements; a proponent of tough love and words unspoken. Yet on this occasion, his father extended a terse compliment with a nod to an eight-year-old Daisuke standing before him in reticence.

With his black hair tied into a long ponytail down his back, Daisuke bowed to his father in reverent respect. "The village council has requested you to speak with The Monogashira tomorrow."

"Hm. I can imagine the village will want to continue to assess your abilities." Riku filed into the kitchen where his wife prepared dinner, dismissing himself and ending the conversation with Daisuke.

Prodigy (noun) - a person, especially a young one, endowed with exceptional qualities or abilities.

By age four, Daisuke Asato achieved a high level of mastery in Kenjutsu, the art of Japanese swordsmanship, as well as Jujutsu, the art of close combat for defeating an opponent using a short weapon or none at all.

By age six, Daisuke continued to excel on the path to mastery of Kyūdō, the art of Japanese archery.

And now by age eight, he'd acquired a high-level mastery of Ninjutsu, the strategy and tactics of unconventional warfare, guerrilla warfare, and espionage, which captured the attention of the Togakushi village council to qualify him as a Shinobi.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Shizuka Black Ops: nameless shinobi highly trained in irregular guerrilla warfare and espionage who protected the village from the shadows.

And while no other member had ever enlisted into the Shizuka Black Ops before the age of eighteen, The Monogashira dug his hooks into Daisuke at first chance, calling for Daisuke to enlist at age ten. Riku welcomed their proposal with eager acceptance, ready with all systems go to make a spectacle worth marveling of Daisuke's genius.

Daisuke removed his shoes at the door before kissing his mother on the cheek as he and his father Riku returned from his induction into the Shizuka Black Ops.

Riku placed his hand atop Daisuke's head to still him. "I am very proud of you for your black ops acceptance."

His young heart burdened by the crushing weight of his new responsibility, Daisuke simply nodded in a quiet reply. As political unrest between the Togakushi village and neighboring villages thickened into a full campaign of war for power and conquest, Daisuke hoped to conceal the weary thorn in his side of living up to the new expectations on this collision course.

"Many people are dying. And all for power... aren't they, father?"

"Through this war between our nations, you will witness much meaningless killing. But your judgment will discern the side of justice. Upholding justice and maintaining order through honest leadership is the duty of the Asato clan. We cannot waver on this value."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"For the reconstruction during this period of war, we've decided to revise a number of the village's boundaries," The Monogashira announced to the village council and executive leaders who all gathered in the central bureau for further instruction to restore order. "The Ito Clan's territory was not a part of the stricken area, so they will remain where they are. The Togakushi Police Force headquarters which sustained damage shall move to the outskirts of the village next to the training grounds."