De'Zire

"Mia my nerves are wrecked." I told her as we walked through the mall to find outfits for Trill's grand opening.
"I don't know why. That nigga didn't fall out of love with you overnight." She said.
I shrugged. "I don't know, you wasn't there to see the look in his eyes that night," I told her.
Mia shook her head. "Girl it was probably the same look we ALL had that night. It was traumatic as hell." She shot.
I rolled my eyes because I knew she was being truthful but also sarcastic.
"Maybe I should catch him tomorrow. I don't want to ruin his night with my presence. "
Mia stopped dead in the middle of the mall. Causing people to have to walk around us.
"Girl you do not want me to drag you up out of that hotel tonight. You need to suck it up and put on your big girl panties and go get YOUR man."
"Alright. Imma listen to your advice. But if he shoot me down in front of all those damn people bitch I'm going to be crying on your shoulder. So Trent won't be getting no ass tonight." I said starting to walk again.
"Okay and? Sis before dick. " She said smiling.
I died laughing.
"Where the hell you be coming up with the shit you say?"
She shrugged.
"Niggas be on that bros before hoes shit, so why not give the sisters one."
"Mia your ass is crazy," I told her.
"Birds of a feather flock together" She shrugged.
*****
It was Seven pm and my nerves was shot. We were in the back of the limo & I was two glasses of wine in.
With only minutes to spare before arriving at to our destination. My heart had been beating out of my chest for the last hour.
I kept telling myself to get it together. Why was I making this so hard for myself?
"You alright?" Mia asked staring at me.
I nodded. "I'm good girl, just nervous," I said running my hands down the long black gown I was wearing.
"Aww friend don't worry so much. You are attending this grand opening as my plus one. Just let it all play out naturally." She said.
Putting it that way made me feel much better.
If Trill & I crossed paths which im sure we will, then I would deal with it then. I told myself.

The limo had come to a stop and moments later the driver was opening the door for us. 

Mia stepped out first. She was rocking her hair in a short blunt cut bob, with a gold gown that glittered from all the rhinestones on it. Her make up slayed and my girl definitely looked as if she had just stepped off a magazine.

The moment we stepped out camera lights flashed in our faces and as if we owned the night we posed and smiled for the photographers.

Trill had definitely went all out for his Hotel opening.
"Ohio's Finest Suites" Was the name and the building sat right in the middle of downtown. The tallest one in the skyline.
People were every where. Posing for pictures, laughing and hustling inside with there dates. Everyone was dressed in their finest attire.
"Dayum girl. So this is what Trill been MIA for a year for?"
"Kudos to him because this place is immaculate," Mia said.
I agreed.
I always wondered was there more to the man that had just been Kamir's right hand for years. I knew Trill was doing big things I just didn't know how big.
Finally inside the hotel we took in the decor. The colors inside was a suede black and gold. The floor to ceiling walls caused me to look up at the French Empire Crystal Chandeliers that hung down above us.
100'000$ paintings adorned every wall.
This was definitely a place to come for a calm romantic getaway.
The hotel held a restaurant, a night club and just about anything else you could think of.

We followed the crowd into the large room the party was being held.
As if he smelled her Trent stood beside the door.
Mia smiled at the sight of him.
He pulled her into him and kissed her.
When they were done reuniting Trent stepped back.
"Wassup cousin in law" He cracked.
I rolled my eyes.
"Wassup Trent?" I said.
He cracked a goofy grin on his face.
"Where can I get a drink from?" I asked.

The bar over there he said pointing.
"Alright I'll be back"
"Bring me something," Mia said.

I made my way over to the bar and ordered a shot of Crown Royal Apple and I got Mia a vodka and cranberry.

I was making my way back to where she was when claps and cheers rang out around me.
I turned around to see what the hype was about and on the stage was Trill.

I bit down on my bottom lip because he looked damn good.
Dressed down in a Navy blue custom suit, his dreads freshly twisted and facial hair neatly trimmed.
He was dripped in shine from his grill to the chain around his neck and watch on his wrist.

He just stood up there waiting for the calm of the crowd.
Meanwhile my ass had tossed my shot back and was ready to run to the bar for another one.