Birthday.

2 months Later....

"Aaru Why Don't we go somewhere out ?"

She said. I was pissed off at home for several reasons. My mom was busy in Diwali Kitty Party Preparation , my dad was all into business, Siblings were no where to be seen and it was my birthday today.

"Idhika No Ya.. I'm not in a mood" I said.
I didn't wanted her to know it's my birthday.

"Okay let's go to your house and watch some movies. Mine have some bunch of dad's relatives."she said and signalled me to sit behind her Scooty. I didn't say No. Saying No to Idhika was like getting disaster in life.

....🎵Haaye o meri jaan na ho pareshan
Bina tere mera sarna nahi
Ve mahiya teri khair
Hove charo pehar
Shallah hor kuj mangda nahi🎵....

She was singing with her voice in peaks. "Idhika please concentrate when you drive.", I said . She starts singing even louder.

....🎵Haaye o meri jaan na ho pareshan
Bina tere mera sarna nahi🎵🎶....

"Wtf Idhikaaaaa" I said.

She sings even louder.

🎵🎶Ve mahiya teri khair
Hove charo pehar
Shallah hor kuj mangda nahi🎵....

I remove my hand from her shoulders and sit a little fit far and look side ways. I hate the way she is so careless in driving.

She looks at me through mirror and then say "Aaru why you so worried Chill Man Zyada se Zyada Kya Hoga ?? ( more or else what will happen ? ) I'll die na."

"Just shut the fuck up Idhika. What will happen if I'm not here to take care when you are driving. If something happens to you then what will I ..?"  I stopped Midway .

I didn't wanted to what will I do if you are gone. She smiled.
"Aleee Aaaluuuu Cholly na" she said and lowered the speed. I looked sideways to hide anger and pain.

We reached home and mom was busy in gossiping.  "Namaste Aunty. "she greeted mom. "Aaaru's friend ?" She asked .
"Yes" she replied.  My mom didn't even bother to look at us atleast once . She rejoined her gossip party.
My dad was talking to all managers in the hall about some finance stuff. He looked at us and then ignored.
"Hi Duck Face " my brother trolled me making weird faces and showing a middle finger. My sister Aara joined him laughing .
"Hey are you his gf?" She asked.
"Ummm No Just A friend " I replied.

And before anything could happen took her hand and pulled her towards my room.

"Omg wow your room is beautiful" she said.
"Your family is weird."She taunted. Without much deviations I switched on TV to watch some Harry Potter movie. 

"Omg Aaru it's your Birthday today ?"  She asked.
"How did you know that?" I was shocked. She was holding my phone.
"Happy birthday from HDFC bank" she replied.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She jumped on bed as though a little girl was given a popsicle.
"Do your parents Know ?" She asked.
"They must have forgotten" I said looking out of window. It was hard to cry but feelings hurt sometimes reflect in face.
"Do you feel lonely ?" She asked me . 
I didn't reply .
She came and hugged me from behind.
I started crying. She turned me towards her.
I burried my face on her shoulder. After years I was crying . My tears rushed as though they were waiting for this day. She hugged me tighter.

"I got your favorite Aaloo Puri Today come lets celebrate" she said and made me sit on bed . A small pink box came out her bag.

The Smell Of Aalo Matar, Gajar Ka Halwa and Puris filled my room . My stomach started dancing with it's cravings.

She extended her hand and feeded me as though I'm a baby.

"Now you understand why I was rushing ??" She asked. I smiled and caressed my hair with her fingers.

This was the first time I felt a motherly embrace in my life. This was the happiest birthday of my life.

"Happy birthday Meri Jaan" she said and hugged me while leaving.