Agent3!Aloha x Agent8!Reader

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Soulmate AU where your soulmate's eyes glow when you sing. This oneshot was slightly inspired by a certain oneshot that used the same AU like this, you'll know it when you see it.
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

It was another day for Agent 8 to head out into the Square and hangout with the other agents! She's been hitting it off with everyone in the Squidbeak Splatoon, despite her being an Octoling, which meant a lot to her. Sneaking over to the manhole near Sheldon's weapon store, she soon made it to her destination. Admiring the old hut where Marie and Callie would always chatter at, she noticed no one was there yet. Was she early? Or too late?

Doubt was slowly settling in, there was no way she was too late. Heck, Marie had always kept guard of the place, she'd be hear more then half of the time, whenever she could. Maybe she was busy doing idol stuff? Since Callie and Marie are doing solo careers, maybe Callie will come in in a few minutes? What if Callie was always busy? (Y/N) will have to wait for Agent 3 and 4 then. Not that she minded, she enjoyed their company a lot. Agent 3, Aloha, Showed her around the Inkopolis Square along with Off The Hook and introduced her to Agent 4, Army, which he didn't seem to mind having an Octoling on board either.

They were close friends, Agent 8 would tease Aloha and Army of possibly being in love with each other, who wouldn't think so?

"Huh? I thought for sure i was gonna be last!" A familiar voice spoke as it emerged from the manhole. It was Aloha! "Aloha!" Agent 8 smiled and greeted, "I thought i was late myself, but I haven't seen anyone for a good while until you were here." She explained, looking at the ground as she couldn't help but feel worried. "Huh? You mean they're not here yet? Since when is Marie Late?" Agent 3 put a finger on his chin. "Wait, since when is Army late?! He's not here either with you?" He slightly panicked. "Hm? Oh, no. Why? I bet you just came to see him!" (Y/N) teased. "No no no— Just in case of protecting you when i'm not there." Aloha huffed before smiling again, "Well, let's try to contact Agent 2 then alright, 8?" He offered as he attempted to form a connection between his headset and Marie's headset. But to no avail, he never got a response. "..That's weird.." He frowned.

Agent 8 tried to do it as well, but no one answered. Not even Agent 4. "They aren't missing, are they?" She asked the male. He shook his head, "No way, They're strong agents! Not as strong as me though!~" (Y/N) could only snicker to his response, "Very confident." "Of course, I am pretty fresh."

Crshhh.
Beep.
Crhshhshs.
Crshhhhe-Crshhhlp!-

"What was that?!" Agent 8 panicked as she heard static from her headgear, and someone's voice, but who's?

Can you hear mCRSHHH-
Help!

"A-Aloha i'm not having auditory hallucinations again aren't i?!" She panicked once more, flailing her arms in the air.
"Don't think so! Wait- I swore I could've heard Marie's voice between that static..! Wait a minute, Where's the snowglobe Octavio is in?!" Aloha looked left and right for the suddenly absent giant snow globe. "Eh?! It's gone!" She immediately widened her eyes, "Do.. Do you think this is Octavio's doing?.." Agent 8 spoke up. "No worries, sugar cube, we'll just beat him again!~" Aloha assured the worried agent, patting her on the back. "Now come on! Let's go save the Squidbeak Splatoon!" He said confidently as he did a hero-like pose. "Yeah!.." (Y/N) nodded as the two set off deeper into Octo Canyon.

During their adventure to find the missing agents of the Squidbeak Splatoon, including their leader Captain Cuttlefish. Though there was no one to attack the two agents, which seemed strange, an awkward silence could be heard. Of course Aloha knew how to get rid of the awkward silence, "Hey, (Y/N)?~" He hummed. She turned to him with a cute confused face, "..Hmm?" "Do you think you have a soulmate? I believe I do anyway.~" He asked her. "..Oh! Honestly.. I'm not so sure. I've never really.. Sang that much." The Octoling answered, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Back in the Octarian army, finding one's soulmate was irrelevant. Everyone had to work in order to get the Great Zapfish back. The only song that Agent 8 could sing, that was imprinted into her dna, was Calamari Inkantation.