4.

Two Weeks Later.

Let's just say when I say I never expected things like this to happen, I meant it. Healing from a vampire attack had been a complicated situation. The pain became unbearable at times where I did nothing but cried. Paul had almost lost his mind sometimes because he didn't know what to do. Sue Clearwater had been able to find salve to save my life and save Paul from worrying himself to death. I thanked him every day for everything he had done for me, well everything everyone had done for me. But, I knew the guys had been keeping things from me since I had gotten hurt. I understood the cause of the stress they had been going through and they didn't want things to be worse for me. Yet, I was better and I wanted things to be fixed and talked about.

I was baking cookies with Emily waiting for the guys to come back from their patrol. I wasn't overly worried about what the guys were needing to tell me. I knew it had to be about the vampire attack, about the other vampire they caught the scent of. I hadn't been able to tell them it was Ethan, my ex-boyfriend from college. They just knew it was a male and he had to been turned by the female vampire, named Victoria.

"Maybe it's nothing to get stressed about, don't be like Jacob. He's running every wolf in the pack wild since Edward and Bella got back together." Emily announced as she plated the batch of peanut butter cookies.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of Jacob. Paul had talked my ears off of the whole Jacob, Edward, and Bella situation. Bella hasn't seen or talked to Jacob since Jacob took Bella's bike to Charlie's house; ratting her out in the process. Last I heard, Bella had been on lockdown and barely able to breathe. I could've told Paul the problem with Jacob's childish ways but he would think I was taking up for Bella. But, I sort of was. Bella needed ana escape and Jacob knew that he thought Bella would just drop Edward like them being together never happened.

"Honestly, that whole situation is messed up. Jacob should have known better than to just rat Bella out like that." I replied, irritation already setting in.

Emily laughed knowing I was right.

"Trust me, I know. But, Bella just kind of took Edward back without a second thought. I mean, they might be working out their problems Jacob deserves more than being thrown away like a toy."

"I know. But, Bella has her ways set. She's stubborn, and you can't tell her anything. Plus, her life not mine."

I finished plated the chocolate chip cookies just as I heard the laughing pack coming into the house. My heart jumped at the sight of Paul coming in with a smile on his handsome face. I met him with a kiss on the lips as he grabbed a cookie from my hand before kissing my head. Paul gently touched the scabbed over wounds on my face, I could tell it made him upset. I leaned into his warm hand causing him to relax a bit smiling at me.

"They're looking better every day, the salve helps a lot. The scars are the only thing that's going to drive me wild." I spoke in a low voice, while the others around us talked and laughed.

"I know but this shouldn't have happened to begin with. We will find them and end them. With or without those leeches on the other side of the treaty line."

Paul kissed my head once more before we decided to join the group.

-

"No, this isn't fair. I shouldn't have to be apart of this in the first place." I snapped as I crossing my arms.

Sam and the pack sat at the table at crossroads. Emily was standing against the counter ready to jump in to keep the peace at any moment. Sam told me that the Cullens want to meet with them and with me to talk about this. They wanted all the details, in a calm discussion. I didn't want to be around any more vampires than I needed to be. They didn't need me, they just wanted to make this more complicated than it needed to be.