Chapter 11

It was the day of the party, Millie was wearing a white elegant puffy dress that had different colored flowers along the right top and left side of the dress. She had her makeup on covering her bruises and imperfections. She looked like a princess with her dress. She felt like a princess.

"Oh miss Millie you look like an angel" said the maid who was fixing her dress.

angel, that's what Finn called her once.

She thanked her and thanked the stylist before she had left the room leaving Millie there standing in front of the mirror looking at her reflection. She needed to stop thinking about Finn since she knew that he wasn't thinking about her at all. 

It was a lot later and guests had already started to arrive. The room was filled with friends and business partners. Millie made her way downstairs greeting a few people as she walked by. 

Gaten had appeared along with Caleb saying hello it wasn't until another boy turned around that made her gasp. There he was standing in a white collared shirt with a tie and black jeans it was as if he didn't try but still managed to look good. 

"Oh we brought Finn" said Gaten taking a sip of his drink. Millie just nodded turning her gaze away from Finn. 

As she started walking away Finn followed behind since Gaten and Caleb were not looking. He grabbed her bare arm making goosebumps appear. 

"You've been avoiding me, why?" she nervously gulps his touch makes her whole body feel on fire. 

"I'm not. Plus you have a girlfriend so why would you care, we're not even friends" she says making him silent  "Now if you'll excuse me I have to go greet people" she removes her arm from his grasp walking away.

He smirked as he grabbed a glass of champagne taking a drink from it as Millie disappeared in the crowd of people.

---

An hour or so passed, Millie was talking with a family friend and she would glance every so often at Finn. She just couldn't help herself, he looked so good in that outfit. She tried not to her let her mind wonder to those inappropriate thoughts but they did.

Soon Sadie appeared making Millie happy to see her.

"Have you seen Finn. Wow" said Sadie since she is not used to seeing him dressed up so "fancy."

"Yeah he looks.. okay"said Millie. Sadie looked at her as in saying he looks more than okay.

"Come on" she dragged her to the game room where there were arcade games, ping pong table, hockey game table, pool table.

"Guys let's play." says Sadie making them all nod. 

They first begin playing ping pong and Gaten lost basically all the time and when he did loose he will yell out his favorite word "Bullshit"

Millie was just off to the side watching them compete, there were times were her and Finn's eyes would meet but she would always be the first one to look away.

"Millie come on play against me" said Sadie

"No it's fine. i don't know how to play."

"Finn can show you" says Caleb making Finn choke on his drink. "Right Finn" he nodded since he knew that Caleb won't take no as an answer.

She made her way to the other side of the pool table grabbing the stick. Finn came near her showing her how to hold it. She ignored the butterflies in her stomach, well tried to. Or the fire sensation she will feel when his fingers brushed on her body.

"So you're going to hit the balls and try to make them in the whole" he says whispering to her as he stood behind her. His hand was on top of hers to help guide/her hit the stick to the ball?

Two of them went in making Gaten cheer since he was rooting for Millie. 

"Guess you have some competition" 

Millie giggled, she was actually having fun competing against her best friend, Sadie. She was having a good time with all of them. 

She had one more try and if the 8 ball went in she would automatically win. Finn was still with her helping her out since Caleb was helping Sadie out even though she knew how to play. They just can't not be near one another. 

She hit it, making the ball go inside. Gaten yelled and jumped up the air as if he was the one who won. Millie hugged Finn out of excitement but then pulled away saying "sorry"

"I'm going to go get another drink" she says wanting to avoid the awkwardness between them.

She left the room walking to the drink area. A slow song began to play making people pair up with their partners. She was filled up her cup and then turned around to come face to face with Finn

--

Next chapter will continue where it left off k bye