CHAPTER #24

I STARED on his face trying to figure it out if he was true of he just the result of my imagination. I bite my lower lips, when I realize, that he is true. I stifled a surprise when all of a sudden he held my and we started walking away from Larcade.

I don't know what to do or say... I'm still confused... I can't even think properly now that he is here. I stifled another surprise cry when I felt my other hand being held by none other than Larcade.

"Back off, Larcade" he growls.

"You haven't answered my question, Couz" a smirk formed on his lips as he look at him "Besides, it's too rude to just dragged a woman like that"

"I told you! Back off!" he said angrily emphasizing each words, "And, stop touching my wife" he said as he finally removes Larcade's hand. Natsu eyes are blazing with full of anger to him like he was ready to cut Larcade's head.

"What's wrong on touching her? I know your point that she is your wife but as far as I remember I am Lucy's date today"

Natsu put me behind his back like he was protecting me from Larcade "If you are her date then why you're allowing her to go home by herself? And seriously, a taxi?"

"She can handle—"

"How can you be so sure about that"

Larcade sigh "I should educate you and tell you that Lucy can handle herself well. She's independent person and you should know that because," he pauses "According to your claim, she is your wife"

"I know that my wife is independent person. But I want you to know that she can handle herself, she can do anything she want on her own, and she can create as many trouble as she want to. But if you're man at you'll known that even if she can, even if you trust her that she can do well on her own that you should be damn well sure that she'll do all that safely"

Larcade open his mouth to say something "ENOUGH!" I say.

I brushed my fingers through my hair and then frustrated look to them. I can feel the heat of their stares but I don't care. All I want for this day is just be myself again... I don't want to think about my problems with in my marriage life because I had enough on that. I want to breathe. I want to be freed. I'm too tired to think about everything... about our relationship... about him and Jane.

"Seriously?" I say "I just want to go home!" I look at Larcade's face "Thank you for this day, Larcade. I'm really thankful that you cancel your 'me' time for me. And I really am sorry for how things turned out."

I turned my eyes to meet Natsu's and for one moment... one single moment, I just wanted to get lost in his gaze. But I can't... and I shouldn't...I was pulled out in my sentiment when I felt his hand gently caressed my cheeks – I wasn't even prepared of a sudden contact that we made right now.

"I'm glad that you're okay" he pauses and I can feel his body trembling perhaps because of wind "The moment when Erza told me that you went missing. I was so fucking worried that I thought I'm going to lose my mind"