Chapter One

Discliamer: I do not own D-Gray Man or any of its characters. Nyssa, Andrew, and Mark are my only characters.

A girl appearing to be in her early-20s walked up to the center of a stage of her college that she has been attending to for 4 years. Her eyes briefly scanned the blobs of her follow classmates who were clapping in greeting for the start of graduation. She smiled pleasantly and opened her mouth to speak.

"Class of 2021... I am honored to be here today to celebrate our end of our journey. That we finally have been gifted with end product of all of our hard work and..." She started off and continued as being the one who placed first in her class.

Many of the students knew her as Nyssa Stephenson. Everyone knew that she strived to create a manga/anime that would touch the hearts of those who read/watch it. Nyssa herself had a manga/anime that touched her heart when she was 15 and to this day it continues to play a major role in her life.

The manga/anime was called D-Gray Man and its creator was Katsura Hoshino, but sadly Katsura fell ill and could no longer continue the series. With no one willing to take her place D-Gray Man was discontinued. Thus crushing young Nyssa heart and many other hearts around the world.

"Ms. Stephenson!" A woman's voice called out after the graduation ended. Nyssa turned around and greeted the woman whom she did not know. She was dressed professionally and had that typical sectary look to her.

"I came here from the Bio Works Company to personally invite you to a party that we are hosting for the success of our Company for 5 years." She told Nyssa smiling sweetly and formally. Some people over heard the mention of the famous Company and stopped to listen.

Bio Works is a Company that started 5 years ago and under the careful watch of the U.S. government. They worked on a project that created artificial humans and anything else that the mind can create. That being said they were the first ever to successfully create an actual living being that reacted just like a human, but no one knows how they did it.

A party at the Company is what every broker dreams of. No doubt that millions are spent to try to hack into the Bio Works top-secret files. So that left Nyssa to wonder why she was selected to such an elite party.

"If I may ask. Why did your Company select me?" Nyssa asked the woman and the woman once again sweetly smiled.

"My deepest apologies, but that is top-secret information. Here... Take this." The woman said giving Nyssa a letter.

"Inside is everything you need know if you do decide to honor us with your presence." She said and walked off. Nyssa stood there dump folded with the letter in hand and then she let out a deep groan. She thought about how she hated how she would automatically talk professionally and how tried she felt after wards.

Nyssa glared at the letter tiredly as if it was at fault for her headache. She sighed and walked to her car. It was a 2014 firebird with a smoking ash gray phoenix with a blood red background. It was a gift from Nyssa father, a wealthy man who she didn't know very well. He traveled all around the world doing top-secret military work and was never home.

She listened as the beast purred to life and rock music poured from her speakers softly. Nyssa pulled out of her parking spot and started to drive to her apartment. She shares it with an old high school friend of hers and his name is Andrew. Although he is a great guy many people avoid him because he is openly gay.

Nyssa pulled up to her driveway and was careful to leave room between Andrew's and her own cars to walk between. Andrew had an old green 2003 Ford truck that left Nyssa wondering how it still even runs. She sighed thinking about if she does attended the party she would a least have a descent car.