Chapter 2 ~ Let's Have Some Fun

• Dedicated to This is dedicated in honor of Phil's b-day!!! (Which is today)

"I'm sorry," murmured Jace. "I was planning on taking you on a real date, I swear." Clary laughed and put her head on his shoulder. She thought about how Jace had taken her to a movie, and they had left within the first five minutes. After an exhilarating ride on a "borrowed" demonic motorcycle, they landed in a beautiful willow tree, overlooking the mirror-like pool that held the portal to the Seelie Court. He looked down at her thoughtfully. She pulled at one of the drooping branches above her, watching the leaves spiral as she turned it around and around. He pulled her closer, and there they sat together without speaking, gazing at the moon's reflection in the water below.

"I guess movies aren't that interesting anymore," Clary said with a grin.

"What? To mundane for you? Would you rather go slay a demon?" said Jace jokingly.

"Actually, yes. Or spend time with you. I would much rather spend time with you. Mundane interests aren't as fun as they used to be." said Clary.

"So, I'm fun?" Jace said as he cocked in eyebrow comically.

"Don't go and get a big head," Clary said as she laughed.

He turned to look at her, causing the branch they sat on to sway slightly. He gazed at her, and she looked back at him.

¨Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?¨ Jace asked. ¨Whenever I look at them, I lose myself.¨

¨Oh really?¨ Clary said as her eyes glittered mischievously in the moonlight. ¨How interested are you in losing yourself tonight? I think I found my alternative to watching a movie.¨

Jace quickly caught on and grinned. ¨What do you have in mind?¨

Clary quickly kissed him. ¨You'll see¨ she said as she flipped off the branch and landed neatly on the ground. Jace followed her and climbed onto the demonic motorcycle. She got on after him and wrapped her arms around him. She leaned forward to whisper in his ear. ¨Let's go back to the Institute. I want to turn in for the night.¨ He laughed and brought the engine roaring to life as they took off into the night sky.

-END OF CHAPTER TWO-