Cage Confusion

Johnny begins to glow emerald green and gets in the famous Cage Battle Stance ready to fight Skarlet when Johnny hears thumping that sound like footprints it's getting closer and louder until Kuai Liang is in the door way. "Johnny Cage, what are you doing here?" Sub-Zero questions him panting from running across the cabin. Johnny begins to speak "I came to discuss training exercises for the special forces" he gives a dirty look at Skarlet "now what is she doing here".
Sub-Zero tells Johnny to come in, making sure no one is around then shuts the door. Sub-Zero stands in the porch of the cabin and begins to speak with Johnny "Why didn't you try calling before you came here?" He questions Johnny, in which Johnny looks at him confused and gets ready to speak "Sonya did, three times". Sub-Zero looks at Skarlet, who has a guilty look "Skarlet." Kuai Liang glares at her "did you know anything about this" he snapped. Skarlet sighs and begins to speak "I'm sorry darling, but you looked so stressed and I thought the call was about one of your Special Forces missions and I didn't want to ruin our holiday together, please forgive me my love I just wanted what was best for you" Sub-Zero smiles and tucks a strand of Skarlet's hair behind her ear "Of course, I could never stay mad at you" he kisses her. "So, how long has this been a thing?.."
Johnny asks interrupting the couples moment, Sub-Zero invites Johnny to sit down. "Cage, I need you to keep this a secret please." Johnny thinks about it "Y'know I was thinking about how this could be a killer blockbuster but I'm more scared of what she'll do to me if I do so, you got a deal" he reaches for a handshake at Sub-Zero. "Sub-Zero smiles at Johnny "Thank you Johnny Cage" Kuai handshakes Johnny. "But, you didn't answer my question, how long has it been a thing" Johnny questions with silence from Sub-Zero "5 months, it's our anniversary" Skarlet blatantly tells Johnny.