Chapter 9

As I snapped back into reality, Happy was screaming my name, and I crumbled to the ground next to my mom. I tried to put pressure on the wound, but I was pulled off of her. I kicked and screamed, but eventually gave in and cried on my brother's shoulder. Bobby called 911 and they took my mom to the hospital. She had been shot, and we knew it was by the Chinese. Jax and the club filled me in on what had really happened to Tara, and everything else that I needed to know. Jax called Church and we all filed in, dropping our phones in the basket. We decided it was time for these people to die, a lot. Hap and I were told we were going to be the assasins, and that everyone else would be there as backup. I was honestly livid at the thought that they would do this to 2 members of my family, but at the same time I was glad that Abel and Thomas weren't there today.

We finished church and went out to the bar for a drink. After our drinks, Happy, Jax, and I went to the hospital. My mom was in critical condition and getting worse. Doctors said that the bleeding had spread over her whole ribcage and it was putting pressure on her lungs, causing breathing problems. Hey were about to take her into surgery when we got there, so we had to wait until she was done. They had gotten rid of some of the bleeding, but she was still in a coma and had a concussion and several broken bones, on top of the gunshot wound and internal bleeding. Hap took me home and we stayed up all night watching movies to keep my mind off of my mom. At about 9am I got a call from Jax. Mom had been put on life support because she stopped breathing last night. I handed Happy the phone and locked myself in the bathroom as I cried. What would Jax and I do if we lost our mom? How much would the club suffer? Happy ended up breaking down the door because I wouldn't come out. He calmed me down enough to go see my mom. Jax and I cried as we looked at her, helpless with a tube in her throat to help her breathe. I ran out and down to Happy's bike, straddling it as I waited for him, assuming he was talking to Jax. I hoped to god that my mom would be okay.