Death's Door

The Rouge's pushed us out into the center pack clearing, in our territory. The houses surrounding the packhouse could be seen among the trees, and the

Packhouse itself stood like a lonely sanction against the green woods. As we were pulled forward, the rest of the pack noticed our approach.

The warriors, trackers. and hunters smelling the Rouge's sent immediately stoppedtheir practices, and the entire pack jumped into defensive mode.

Our mothers, and other packmembers had been getting lunch ready outside, at the sight of the Rouge's they tensed.

You could see the moments they caught our scents first, as if on a mother instincts they all let loose the scariest growl I'd ever heard.

Which alerted the others the the Rouge's cargo as well. Causing a reaction of growls, snarled, curses and more, through it the pack.

But it was my father's word that scared me the most for the Rouge's. "Reales them now, and you MIGHT leave with your lives." He whispered, barely atible to our younger hearing.

Kyro and the other just laughed. "And what are you going to do if we dont?" He asked.

"I'm afraid were the ones in charge here Alpha." The man, their leader, wispered; daring to step forward against them

Then as quick as lightning he grabbed me by my hair and ripped me from Kyro. Forcing a gap of pain from my lips.

I grabbed my hair as well, trying to keep some of the hair on my head. As he pulled closer to him, causing growls from the pack.

"Why don't you tell your daddy what we already did to your quick footed friend Princess, hmm?" He fake whispered, so everyone could hear him.

My eyes went wide with fear and pain, as I looked at my family's tense faces. My eyes landing on Katy and our best Hunter Richard, who were Diery's parents, then to this younger sister Caroline, and older brother Georg.

Before making their way back to my own parents, and my twin brother Kiyle. My father's eyes never left the man who's hold tightened on mine.

"Its alright little one. Tell us." Father called out, glancing at me.

"He's . . ." I gulped, glancing quickly at the man holding me. Over at Katy, then resting on my father. Taking in a breath I told them. "He's dead. They killed him." My eyes filled with tears. "They killed Diery."

My father's eyes widened slightly, before becoming fury filled. Diery's family feel into each others arms in grief.

My mother stepped forward besides my father, keeping Kiyle behind her.

"Do you know who I am? Release theses children in our Goddesses name!" She called, head held high and proud.

"Oh, we will. Easily, but not without payment. I mean we did find theses poor little creatures wandering too close to our side of the boarder, and if they would has crossed, well." The leader gave a slimy smile.

"You want compensation for your work." Mother stated slowly, in the driest tone I've ever heard her use.

"Well the one, Diery is it, was simply an accident."

"Very well. What is it you desire?" Mother grinded out.
The leaders grin widened.

"Well seeing as we have your daughter I'd say . . . Your head husband would do."

The pack roared in anger. "How dare you!" Beta William snarled, lunging forward, just as the world tilted.