ch 2 - shut up

started 14/12/2019

flashback

it was raining heavily when someone barged into my apartment when I suddenly fainted. my vision was blurry when I tried to lift my head to ask for help.

'who is this man?'

I tried squinting my eyes to focus on his face but; ended up getting complex headache. my head felt heavy, so does my eyes. I glanced at the man who seems to be searching and panicking afterwards.

he stopped walking around when he spotted me lying on the floor; almost hidden behind the sofa. I could motioned his eyes widened as he froze there. my eyes were already half-closed when my brain decided that I need to live. at least a person needed to witness my final moment. haha, so dramatic of me.

suddenly, pain was absorbing me, I could feel it raiding my heart; as if someone is stabbing me. thunderous rain filled the room and awkward silence followed by. I could see the guy mouthing something but I was just out of my league as my body starts giving up. ah, I can't hold this anymore.

'h-help me-' i said softly before coughing my lungs out. my last vision was the guy rushing to get me. now excuse me, I think I need a little bit more rest.

suddenly things were dark again.

____________________

third person's POV

"Okay so, this is all I need?"

"Yeah, for now," he said calmly while sipping his bitter coffee. ugh, he never stop drinking even at late nights like this. my fingers are probably not enough to count how many time he refills his mug. she looked at him with a judging face.

"For goodness sake stop refilling your coffee, Ethan! Aren't you sick of it already?" She screamed while hitting him for standing.

"oh yeah? Says the one that drinks 7 cups of it everyday with additional shots" she gasped. "At least mine was sweet and likeable!"

"Oi this is latte not americano so its sweet bruh. So you dislike latte?? You will have to fight me and 80% of the hospital workforce!"

"WHY ARE WE FIGHTING OVER COFFEE?"

"YOU STARTED IT FIRST"

"Oh- really? Anyway, what do you mean for now?! its already a full box of thesis and I didn't even start yet. you're trying to kill me, aren't you?" he looks at her in disbelief.

"you should blame our professor and not me. I am just a kind microorganism that is sharing its knowledge about homework to you. I was expecting an appreciation word like 'oh my god thank you so much. you saved me from hell. I swear to my coffee I will buy you food next time.' not a bunch of nonsense coming out of your alimentary canal" he blurted out; prolly half-mad half-joking or just mad mad.

she was taken aback; her mouth half-open as she stared blankly at him. he sure is the nagger type huh. she's not sure if she's shocked by him humiliating or him spatting out ugly facts straight to her face within a breath. awkward silence filled the air; I swear to god I don't know how to get off this awkwardness. she started role-playing in her mind, imagining things she should say in a situation like this, yes, now.