09 | OR SOMETHING

09 | OR SOMETHING

"I'm going to do it."

Nichole has the look of determination on her face, and there's the sound of it in her voice as well. She means what she says, at least for real this time.

"I'm going to ask him if he wants to be with me. Exclusively."

"It's about damn time!" Alicia laughs over the phone. "You stress out enough running your business. There's no need for you to stress out over your love life as well."

"You're right. I shouldn't have dragged things out for this long, but I just..." Nichole sighs, her hands gripping the steering wheel just a little tighter. "It was so nice in the beginning, what Ademar and I had... what we have. There were no rules. We had fun and did whatever we wanted, but now we're going on three months of seeing each other and I honestly don't feel like we're 'keeping it casual' anymore. Things are gradually changing between us, emotionally, and I know he feels it too."

"Which is why it's better that one of you step up and just ask the damn question already: what are we? Otherwise, you two are gonna continue tiptoeing around each other until the shit hits the fan and Ademar finds out about Taehyun or vice versa."

"Shit. I don't even what the fuck I'm going to do about Taehyun," Nichole replies. "When I finally tell Ademar how I feel, and if he tells me that he's down to be in a relationship with me, then I'm basically fucked with Taehyun. I don't want to gain Ademar only to turn around and lose Taehyun."

"Who do you like more?"

Nichole rolls her eyes at the question. "It's not as simple as that. The feelings that I have for both of them are... fuck, this whole thing is just way too complicated."

"And yet you're on your way to Ademar's place to ask him out instead of Taehyun," Alicia says. "There goes your answer right there."

"No. Even though I met Ademar first, it doesn't mean that my feelings for Taehyun aren't as strong," Nichole says. "But at the same time, I can't just blurt out the question—so how do you feel about being in a three-way relationship to either of them because, what the fuck, ya know? I'm not even sure if I could personally handle something like that."

"Well, it's like what Bonnie said in the group chat. You'll never know until you ask."

Nichole eventually ends the call after making it to Ademar's condo. She removes her phone from the cell phone mount on the dashboard – because safety first – and then exits the car. In no rush, she takes her time getting to Ademar's place because she's going over the speech in her head for what she wants to say to him when they're face to face.

This is a big moment for Nichole, asking someone out, because she hasn't felt like or thought about being tied down with someone ever since she left her crazy ex. In truth, Nichole thought she'd never be able to settle down with anyone after Kade, after he'd left her so broken and emotionally fragile. But then she met Ademar. And later on, she met Taehyun.